🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
sarahride

I mean, come on. Without the CGI, (or even with, for that matter), it's one corny piece of shit movie. Clearly James Cameron has been suffering from genuine-talent-amnesia since right after making the Terminator.

I totally agree. I mean, they made Giovanni Ribisi the evil business monger? Who the hell thought that up? I could have sworn that after watching it that it was made for 5 year olds.

I only watched 25 minutes of Avatar because it insulted my brain and couldn't watch such crap. Just to state that I was not biased, I believe 'T2', 'Aliens' and 'The Abyss' are phenomenal movies and my favorite actress is Sigourney Weaver. But 'Avatar' was simply too stupid to watch

Not to mention hair fucking, balatant racism, and the obivious dream, of every white person, to want to morph into a Jamaican!!!! The acting was terrible, I've seen better effects in a Pixar movie, and did I mention hair fucking? This movie has it all!

I don't think we, the movie going public, have given James Cameron enough credit. He has proven to us that yes, you can spend $300 million on a piece of garbage. Brava, Director!

I don't think we, the movie going public, have given James Cameron enough credit. He has proven to us that yes, you can spend $300 million on a piece of garbage. Brava, Director!

The fact that this movie and Titanic made ungodly amounts of money with such formulaic nonsense kind of makes me hate humans. Also, Avatar's success, along with that of the Transformers movies, kind of proves America loves racism. Eviscerate the fuck out of this movie. Please.

The fact that this movie and Titanic made ungodly amounts of money with such formulaic nonsense kind of makes me hate humans. Also, Avatar's success, along with that of the Transformers movies, kind of proves America loves racism. Eviscerate the fuck out of this movie. Please.

My wife was so stoked after this movie, she just loved it. I felt like a social reject because I didn't get all the hype. I thought it was okay, but not 'this changes everything' great like everyone I knew seemed to think.

And the hair sex was really...really....creepy.

My wife was so stoked after this movie, she just loved it. I felt like a social reject because I didn't get all the hype. I thought it was okay, but not 'this changes everything' great like everyone I knew seemed to think.

I didn't mind it so much as I generally like scifi movies if they are halfway decent, but then as Jason would say I became enraged when I realized that soonofabitch James Cameron ripped off a childhood classic (at least for me) FUCKING FERN GULLY!

Exact story.

I absolutely hated this movie. I went with my family on Christmas Day to see this in Imax and 3d and regretted it once I heard Unobtanium. From the overt messages of racism to Americans are brutal land stealers, this movie seemed like it wanted me to loathe it. Add to the fact that the CGI was really cartoony, cheesy environmental love, and hair sex, this movie blows. Also, the fact that aliens with bows and spears and forest animals can defeat a giant army with huge robots, machine guns and other giant machines is absurd.

Now that they are making at least 2 more movies, using the shitty 48 FPS from The Hobbit, I can only cringe as the fanboys will be gearing up about how great these movies are. Then you have Cameron saying that there will be Chinese Navii, which I don't know how that's possible since they aren't on Earth, but he needs to put them in order to film in China, Cameron has really cemented his title as one of Hollywood's biggest douches.

As for this movie being a direct ripoff of Dances With Wolves/Ferngully/Pocahontas, here is a great breakdown of how it's exactly like those movies:

http://cheezburger.com/3034350592

I've said this before so many places that I can't remember where, so if I've said it on these boards, I apologize, but seriously... FUCK. THIS. MOVIE.

Pointing out the 'Ferngully'/'Pocahontas' similarities is pretty appropriate because, while that 'Dances With Wolves'-type story is about as old as.... the written story, those two movies are animated musicals aimed at children. 'Avatar' thinks it's Serious Fucking Business. The "white man falling under the spell of the native girl and culture" thing is so sanctimonious that it makes this movie unwatchable for me.

Have to agree. Wanted to walk out of this one pretty much from the get go, but managed to stick it out to the end. Aside from some dazzling visuals of Pandora, this movie was just unbearable. Would love to hear the How Did This Get Made team tear it apart.

Bumpity, bump bump. Went to FYI but the recommendations link kept saying it wasn't working. This movie was a $300M puddle of shit. People seem mesmerized by its story but it wasn't that inventive. And in fact, parts were downright creepy. I've never been paralyzed but that guy had sex with the na'vi pretty damn quick after getting there. He made giant leaps from "oh I can walk" to "oh I can run" to "oh I better get my dick wet on this planet that I'm not actually on". What was the turn around time on that? 3 minutes? I feel like it would take me a while before the thought of banging one of those giant smurfs even crossed my mind.

Avatar: Because a pretty turd is still a turd.

$300 Million bucks and you couldn't spend a grand on a writer to tell you that the script sucked?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this movie was fucking garbage. I saw it in 3-D, and yeah, at some points I felt like I was on mushrooms and the scenery was beautiful; but, as I kept telling my friend who LOVED it, the story sucked ass! It was so un-original and blatant with it's messages.

You guys already said everything that I hated about this movie, so I'm good. But THANK YOU for validating my disagreement with the rest of the idiotic American public that thought it was a masterpiece. It's THOSE masses that makes me hate people, and love my dogs more.

The movie *looked* great. It was delicious eye candy and something we really hadn't seen before. But the story is nonsense, just a re-tooled noble savage tale with the least interesting white savior ever. I don't think an episode would be all that worth it, as it's been done to death much like the Star Wars prequels, Indy 4, Showgirls, etc., but I wouldn't mind an episode on How Does Sam Worthington Keep Getting Hired? Seriously, he's the male January Jones. He just plays the same boring, unaffected character in every movie.

• Like 4

Yyyyeeaaah. This is one of those movies where it's not so much that I hate the movie, but just that I'm baffled at how crazy people are for it. I had a bunch of friends who kept referring to it as a "game changer" and treating it like one of the greatest films of all time and the best movie of the year, and I was like... what? The only thing it has going for it is the CGI, that's it, it's not remarkable in any other way.

Bumpity, bump bump. Went to FYI but the recommendations link kept saying it wasn't working. This movie was a $300M puddle of shit. People seem mesmerized by its story but it wasn't that inventive. And in fact, parts were downright creepy. I've never been paralyzed but that guy had sex with the na'vi pretty damn quick after getting there. He made giant leaps from "oh I can walk" to "oh I can run" to "oh I better get my dick wet on this planet that I'm not actually on". What was the turn around time on that? 3 minutes? I feel like it would take me a while before the thought of banging one of those giant smurfs even crossed my mind.

Well, this is the only thing in this thread I'll differ on, banging an an alien would've probably been top priority for me.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this