🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
engineerdoug

Episode 46 — The Widow Maker

This week's guest is one of the most talented actors, hilarious storytellers, and impressive clairvoyants we've ever had on the calming shores. Stephen Tobolowsky of Groundhog Day fame gives the Henderson Nation insight into his semi-sports related infirmity (by name only), and work-out advice courtesy of his father. Keeping in the theme of remarkable talents, we close the show up with new wave legend R.O. Manse and his attempt at a stadium rock hit. Stir it all up with some biting-and-punching news from the world of sports and you've got yourself a great Sklarbro Country!

hey! what was the band's name?? Hawkinson? Hawk and Son? Hawk n' Son? that + aviator doesn't seem to bring any info up in goggle

I can't believe R.O. Manse showed up on Sklarbro before Who Charted. Good listen

This episode is so great, Stephen Tobolowsky is so so great.

Thanks, guys!

First off, loved the episode, it was fantastic on so many levels, and it's greatness speaks for itself. However, I would like to give some constructive criticism if that's OK. When you have a guest like Stephen Tobolowsky who a. doesn't seem to appear on many podcasts (other than his own) and b. is delightful in every way and has a million amazing stories, I would say just ditch the regular format of SBC entirely. Bring him in for the first segment, and extend the second segment to fit in more of his stories instead of having a comedian do a character. That's not meant as a diss to Chip Pope, but I just really wanted to hear more from Stephen Tobolowsky. I did appreciate that you guys didn't try to force the conversation to be sports related, though.

@ragnar: I logged in just to make the exact same comment (even the part saying Google didn't provide any clarification)

I'm a huge fan of Tobolowsky, listened to every episode of his podcast and still enjoy listening to his stories. By the way, doesn't Bob Ducca have a bad case of sepp blatter?

The most memorable character in Groundhog Day to me was Ned Ryerson. The scene when Bill Murray exclaims "Ned!" and savagely cold cocks poor annoying Ned had me crying with laughter. That is one of the funniest things in history. Also, Groundhog Day is in my top 5 movies of all time, and that is most likely because of Stephen Tobolowsky and to some degree Bill Murray.

Tobolowsky is smart, funny and one of the most likable people in the industry, this was a great visit. And R.O. Manse had me laughing out loud in a bathroom stall at the gym, which was not cool. "American Baseball" was a brilliant touch, as was the random mispronunciation of most vowels for the over-the-top british accent.

Sign in to follow this