🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
das_boot

Transporter 2 (2005)

any one of the transporter movies with jason statham would be awesome, my personal favorite is number 2

• Like 2

Number 2 is definitely the best. I could write a thesis paper on how ridiculous the hospital scene is. That and the jet ski that defies the laws of physics by getting faster as it grinds the asphalt makes #2 a must review.

• Like 2

Transporter 2 is probably the best film ever made. For a group of self described Statham fans it is inexplicable that they have not done a show on his greatest masterpiece Transporter 2.

Chellini, a villanous Ricky Ricardo, is an amazing villain. The acting of his female henchman Lola, epic. The collection of henchmen under his command, some from Roadhouse, some ninjas, and one a guy whose hair makes him look like a pineapple.

Jason Statham also orders a pizza with NO cheese and EXTRA anchovies just before he delivers the greatest line of all time, "It's not who you are, it's who I am." It is Statham and Luc Besson's best effort at adding emotion and depth. Second best line in the film is delivered by Audrey, "Everyone's an expert!" Classic, in fact I am going to pop Transporter 2 into the dvd player right now!

I'm hoping now that the voting site is up more people can get this movie moved up in the list.

And for those of you on the fence, "Jason Statham plays baby sitter driving an 8 year old to the doctor, while the mob tries to kill the powerful senator played by Mathew Modine."

That alone should sell it for you. Get out there and vote!

http://fyi.earwolf.com/

The best part of this movie is that he has some small bomb strapped to the bottom of his car, and to get it off he drives off a ramp flipping his car upside down, and somehow manages to perfectly line up the bomb with a crane hook that scrapes the bomb off just as it explodes, then the car lands back on it's tires without a scratch and he continues driving. I fucking LOST. MY. SHIT. at that scene, I could not stop laughing, it's just the most implausible shit. No matter how great of a driver you are there's no conceivable way you could pull off a maneuver like that.

I also love that Statham is prone to just casually jumping out of windows on upper floors of buildings, just confident that he'll figure out how to survive once he's in the air, which of course he does. He does things no sane person would think to do, and pulls it off through pure luck. It's as if his character knows he's in a movie and uses it to his advantage Last Action Hero style.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this