🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 136.5 - Minisode 136.5

I'm also in a dark lip color period. Well mostly because I wear a lot of dark colors and the dark lips just really tie the whole package together. But there are periods where I wear a nice pink or purple that's not crazy dark (really just Plumful from MAC) so yes I seconded your question cause that color is perf.

It amuses me to think of Paul asking June this question. I wear Besame Red Velvet (it's Peggy Carter's lipstick--yeah I'm a nerd, so what?) and Bite in Rhubarb for lighter days.

How Did This Get Makeup is brought to you by Elektra and Taylor Anne!

It's the very first scene in the movie, and it's dreadful (starts about 50ish seconds in).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBenCY-gRgw

This is terrible make it stop!

• Like 5

This film lost the Razzie for worst picture to Guy Van Sant's remake of Psycho, which in hindsight, is an unnecessary film but not anywhere near as horrible as The Avengers.

It also tied for worst remake/sequel with Psycho and Godzilla.

EDIT: Damn, didn't see that this has been answered already.

Is the theory that Uma Thurman is a (not-so) secretly terrible actress?

She had good early roles in Dangerous Liaisons, The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen and Mad Dog and Glory before Pulp Fiction. Plus before Kill Bill she even won a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a TV Movie for Hysterical Blindness. I'm guessing it had more to do with poor choices in projects rather than Thurman herself.

It amuses me to think of Paul asking June this question. I wear Besame Red Velvet (it's Peggy Carter's lipstick--yeah I'm a nerd, so what?) and Bite in Rhubarb for lighter days.

How Did This Get Makeup is brought to you by Elektra and Taylor Anne!

SHUT UP I WEAR THAT SAME COLOR!!!!!!!!

I'm literally gonna wear it when I meet her in a couple of weeks and try desperately to contain myself from yelling at her, "DO YOU RECOGNIZE THIS COLOR CAUSE IT'S THE SAME ONE YOU WEAR!"

I just bought an Estee Lauder color that I'm literally obsessed with too but I'm too lazy to get up and look at the exact name but it's a liquid lipstick in the most beautiful red (very very similar to the red velvet so you can see where my tastes lie lol).

• Like 2

I'm literally gonna wear it when I meet her in a couple of weeks and try desperately to contain myself from yelling at her, "DO YOU RECOGNIZE THIS COLOR CAUSE IT'S THE SAME ONE YOU WEAR!"

I just bought an Estee Lauder color that I'm literally obsessed with too but I'm too lazy to get up and look at the exact name but it's a liquid lipstick in the most beautiful red (very very similar to the red velvet so you can see where my tastes lie lol).

OMG. Tell her I love her. I really wanted a season 3 of Agent Carter that introduced itty bitty Sharon so they could kick ass together. (I love important lady relationships more than romances.) I'm so sad it got cancelled even though season two was meh.

... I already looked to see if Besame has a light pink color like June was wearing but it does not. So sob.

Oh this talk of fandom stuff reminds me that I have to send you my nerd notes on tumblr for the Avengers. Or should I wait until after it's aired?

Someone online called it "the Avengers with just Black Widow and Jarvis" and I was like "HOW DARE YOU, Jarvis and Black Widow are way more interesting than these two."

• Like 2

OMG. Tell her I love her. I really wanted a season 3 of Agent Carter that introduced itty bitty Sharon so they could kick ass together. (I love important lady relationships more than romances.) I'm so sad it got cancelled even though season two was meh.

... I already looked to see if Besame has a light pink color like June was wearing but it does not. So sob.

Oh this talk of fandom stuff reminds me that I have to send you my nerd notes on tumblr for the Avengers. Or should I wait until after it's aired?

Someone online called it "the Avengers with just Black Widow and Jarvis" and I was like "HOW DARE YOU, Jarvis and Black Widow are way more interesting than these two."

You can totally send your notes whenever! I ain't got no rules bout that!

I think ABC set this season up for failure because in my opinion it was soooo goooood but the way they paced the episodes by airing so many back to back just kinda left the finale feeling really anti-climatic. Was a real shame because Madame Masque is one of my fave villains and seeing Dottie truly terrified of her was just the icing on the cake.

• Like 2

You can totally send your notes whenever! I ain't got no rules bout that!

I think ABC set this season up for failure because in my opinion it was soooo goooood but the way they paced the episodes by airing so many back to back just kinda left the finale feeling really anti-climatic. Was a real shame because Madame Masque is one of my fave villains and seeing Dottie truly terrified of her was just the icing on the cake.

Dottie was great! So was Madam Masque (I was actually kind of sad the way she ended up. It was like, "Women cant have power after all.")

Oh and Ken Marino--friend of the show, commenter on Lindsay Lohan's cooch--was great as Manfredi. I would've liked to get to see him turn into Blackwing.

There should be more HDTGM guests in the MCU. Adam Pally was in Iron Man 3. Ken on Agent Carter. Huebel was on Agents of SHIELD but I don't watch that show anymore.

• Like 2

Dottie was great! So was Madam Masque (I was actually kind of sad the way she ended up. It was like, "Women cant have power after all.")

Oh and Ken Marino--friend of the show, commenter on Lindsay Lohan's cooch--was great as Manfredi. I would've liked to get to see him turn into Blackwing.

There should be more HDTGM guests in the MCU. Adam Pally was in Iron Man 3. Ken on Agent Carter. Huebel was on Agents of SHIELD but I don't watch that show anymore.

I was really sad with the way she ended up too, and with the way they went with Jason Wilkes. I could see him double crossing them from a mile away and even though he still ended up being a good guy who was just in a desperate situation it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth (especially since he was literally the only POC to have a major role on the show). I loved him and Peggy's chemistry though and wish they had gotten a fairer chance to explore a relationship.

Also (I don't think he's actually ever been on HDTGM but he seems to run in the same group) Matt Braunger!

• Like 2

giphy.gif

Sorry--I couldn't resist ;)

• Like 1

giphy.gif

Sorry--I couldn't resist ;)

I reject that captioning because he clearly says "LITRALLY"

• Like 1

She had good early roles in Dangerous Liaisons, The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen and Mad Dog and Glory before Pulp Fiction. Plus before Kill Bill she even won a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a TV Movie for Hysterical Blindness. I'm guessing it had more to do with poor choices in projects rather than Thurman herself.

She had pretty minor roles in Dangerous Liaisons and Baron Munchausen. She's pretty decent in Mad Dog and Glory and Even Cowgirls Get the Blues. But, ultimately, you can be a good actor in a bad movie (case in point: I still enjoyed Ralph Fiennes in this film, even with the shitty, so-quippy-Joss-Whedon-could-have-written-it dialogue he had to say).

laptop stopped working at the weekend (who ever it was who came up with the way to take an image of your hard drive just got added to my christmas card list) so i am way behind on this ... mr. idris p worrell

jfzup0.jpg

• Like 8

Holy shit guys, on I Was There Too, Matt talks to a guy from They Live.

It made my day infinitely better after realizing my building is cutting the hot water by (Paul) Sheer coincidence on the day of my only articling interview. Oh and maybe the cold water is will be affected too.

Looks like I'll be #TeamShowerattheBF's

• Like 3

Holy shit guys, on I Was There Too, Matt talks to a guy from They Live.

It made my day infinitely better after realizing my building is cutting the hot water by (Paul) Sheer coincidence on the day of my only articling interview. Oh and maybe the cold water is will be affected too.

Looks like I'll be #TeamShowerattheBF's

Thanks for telling us! I Was There Too is always on my catchup list, but this one is going straight into the queue for the ride home.

Also, while we're on the subject of John Carpenter, did y'all see Guillermo del Toro's Twitter "rant" (not really a rant, but this seems to be the term we're using for anything people say that is longer than 140 characters) from over the weekend? It's pretty great:

http://www.indiewire.com/article/guillermo-del-toro-praises-john-carpenter-twitter-20160523

Why don't they send the invisible man to do all the missions? That would save a lot of time.

• Like 7

Why don't they send the invisible man to do all the missions? That would save a lot of time.

Should have saved it for the actual episode, brah. :D 10/10

This movie made less sense than Southland Tales, which is pretty remarkable. That, and it was boring, lame and they whiffed on just about every opportunity to make the movie actually work. This was like watching drunk children make up a James Bond movie, not knowing the beats of story telling, but having really neat-o ideas like machine gun wielding grandmas, invisible people, dopplegangers, robot wasp things and weather changing signals. Woah.

Every setup, reveal and payoff in the movie was completely botched. They had a real opportunity to have a reveal that Father was double crossing The Ministry, but instead they just cut to her playing fucking croquet with Sir August de Wynter (why not just call him Sir Christmas de July, hacks).

This might top LOL, which would probably be my least favorite HDTGM movie I've watched. Either that or Winter's Tale.

• Like 2