🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JohnHan79

Why isn't the discontent of our favorite Earwolf hosts being discussed?

I was a bit behind in my Earwolf podcasts listening, but after listening to the recent CBB and HH, I couldn't figure out why it felt every ep seemed a bit off. As I listened I felt like the hosts weren't so into the episode. At first I blamed the guests on the shows thinking they didn't click with the episode, which is weird with HH because they invited previous guests. It wasn't until I got to Spontaneanation that it all clicked. Episode 59 was such an off episode, I thought Ron Funches was purposely tanking the episode. I wrote off the ep until I noticed Janet Varney came back for the very next episode and it clicked. It all makes sense. Even the last couple I4H eps seemed off.

Am I a crazy person or am I right that it seems every show we love are participating in a form of protest. I need to listen to With Special Guest and HDTGM to see if they're participating.

TL;DR: Every episode in the last 2~3 weeks (CBB, HH, I4H and Spontaneanation) are purposefully tanking their shows as a form of protest against the policies of their parent company (possibly Adam Sachs).

• Like 1

Am I a crazy person or am I right

crazy person

• Like 7

If I had to call someone out for being less than excited about Scripps' paywall-cashgrab, I would suspect it's probably Howard Kremer. He seemed pretty content doing 2 free podcasts a week and watching bootleg movies on the Russian streams. Now he comes to jobsite and has to tell people to subscribe to a thing to hear his once free podcast.

If I had to call someone out for being less than excited about Scripps' paywall-cashgrab

You don't.

• Like 1

Traditionally we wait until the winter to discuss our discontent and it's only May so that's probably why I guess.

• Like 4

This theory sounds disturbingly plausible. I urge you to run this down as far as it goes. Don't give up! Don't get discouraged by ridicule and dismissal! Keep digging! Follow the money! Pull down the curtains!

KEEP!

DIGGING!

We're all counting on you.

• Like 1

OH SHIT BUSTED

• Like 6

Maybe it's just springtime and everyone is a little busier than normal. No doubt there has been changes, but I don't really see any drop in quality.

• Like 1

John Han... short for John Hancock... 'short for John Hancock'... four words... Four Washington Lane... IT'S A PROTEST!

• Like 3