🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I was thinking about this movie the other day and I really hope they get around to talking about this at some point because its fucking crazy. Both the movie itself and the strange story of John Mctiernan. 

It's insane to think that the director of classics like Predator, Die Hard, Hunt for Red October etc. Also directed a movie that he thought would be aided with the addition of night vision cameras for an what amounts to like 10% of the movies runtime. 

Theres also the fact that people went to prison over concern about where the direction of this movie was heading. The thought of him sitting in a jail cell and explaining to his cell mate that the reason he's there is because he really wanted to go a different way with Rollerball, is pretty goddamn magical. 

I remember seeing the trailer and thinking this was going to be the best, most extreme thing ever. that it would even create a new sport for the x-games or something. boy was i wrong

Today I found out this is a remake of a 1975 James Caan movie. The original is almost a half hour longer and almost domestically grossed double! 

On 8/25/2019 at 2:30 PM, Kream15 said:

Today I found out this is a remake of a 1975 James Caan movie. The original is almost a half hour longer and almost domestically grossed double! 

The original 1975 film is also f**king amazing

They absolutely fucking have to do this movie at some point. 

"The infamous night vision sequence was actually a re-shot version of the scene. After realizing that they shot the original version of the scene to look too dark, filmmakers had to return and re-shoot the entire sequence, delaying the movie's release for six months. But due to the budget issues this scene couldn't be finished properly so it was decided to add green visual tint to the scene to make it look like it was night vision, even though it makes no sense for why would this scene would have that look."

John Mctiernan had people fucking wiretapped over this movie.