🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jesshelga

The Master of Disguise (2002)

This is the worst movie I have ever seen and you should be made to endure the horror of watching it aswell.

• Haha 1

This thread terrified me, it made me think someone greenlit a sequel or remake with Jamie Kennnedy and my mind almost exploded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh my god, I forgot Brent Spiner was the villain in this movie.

Brent Spiner probably forgot that Brent Spiner was the villain in this movie.

• Haha 1

First, this is the movie for which this podcast was made. Excellent suggestion.

It's one of those ones where I'd feel bad for the hosts because they have to watch it, though. I mean, Masters of the Universe is fun to watch. This is just a trash movie; it's got no lovability. I feel like Paul, June, and Jason could really sink their teeth into ripping it a new one.

Second, I might be weird cuz I think Opportunity Knocks is awesome.

I remember a little about this movie. His Quint impression with the Jaws joke was good. He said the word turtle in a funny way. Esposito?was hot....everything else was atrocious garbage. And oh yeah, pretty sure Brent Spiner is the bad guy. So like I said, garbage.

First, this is the movie for which this podcast was made. Excellent suggestion.

It's one of those ones where I'd feel bad for the hosts because they have to watch it, though. I mean, Masters of the Universe is fun to watch. This is just a trash movie; it's got no lovability. I feel like Paul, June, and Jason could really sink their teeth into ripping it a new one.

Second, I might be weird cuz I think Opportunity Knocks is awesome.

I watched Opportunity Knocks and Clean Slate more times than I can count because HBO played those movies on a goddamn loop in the 90's.

I enjoyed them then, they definitively do not stand the test of time though.

Anyways, ran out to rent this one - a huge SNL Carvey fan and wow.. wow this was a dud. Really really bad. Annoying. I guess 'Turtle' made his kids squeal with laughter but wow bad.

As a person who was a child when this came out, there was no laughter.

How have they not done this movie yet!? This movie is nothing short of amazingly terrible. Dana Carvey is completely unchecked in this film and all he does is his many terrible and in several cases sterotypical impressions that make no sense. For those who have seen and remember this movie, I learned that the classic "Turtle Club" scene was filmed on 9/11, so there's a terrible piece of trivia. It's on Netflix. They HAVE to watch this movie! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF4wRsKKrdw

Thank god. Its going to be interesting to hear them discuss Dana Carvey. I loved Dana Carvey as a kid, and watched all of his movies. I even remember watching and enjoying his stand up special as well. 

I think the biggest mistake in his career was trying to make him a leading man. He was always infinitely better in smaller roles where he actually got to play more interesting characters. Like compare Opportunity Knocks and Clean Slate to Road to Wellville and Trapped in Paradise. Both were significantly better movies and roles for Dana Carvey. 

Its a fucking trip that this movie released in competition with Austin Powers. 

So glad this movie is being covered.  I feel vindicated, as this was the first movie I ever walked out of. 

I was such a huge fan of Carvey and remember feeling depressed about how bad this movie was.  Thankfully, I have recovered. 

Can't wait to force myself through this.

Sign in to follow this