๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Doofgodolac

Who have been your favorite guests?

I'll list them by episode (which allows me to cheat and count 2 guests as 1):

ย 

5) Ep # 65 "Howard The Duck" : Kristen Schaal

Kristen can come off a bit spacey but she did her research for the flick. I love when guests come prepared. I loved her discussion around how Leah Thompson must have been so confused thinking she was in a kid's movie and asks Lucas about it, to which Schall replies, in her best George Lucas voice "Yeah, yeah, yeah, so get your tits out."

ย 

4) Ep # 79 "Deck The Halls" : Andrea Savage

Andrea wasn't afraid to comment on how retched the film was, going so far as to quote her friend who acted in this mess. Her reveals around DeVito (kinda felt Andrea up once... allegedly), Broderick ("this is the bottom"), Chenowith (crying constantly due to recent breakup), and Davis ("freeze your eggs!!!!") were AMAZING.

ย 

3) Ep # 84 "No Holds Barred" : Tom Lennon

Tom had me with two lines. The first, when he commented that the film was like looking at a Mapplethorpe picture of just two glistening dongs and you try to find deeper meaning and, nope, just two dongs. And then there was the statement that Hulk Hogan looked like Nude Clown.

ย 

2) Ep # 99 "A View To A Kill" : Matt Gourley and Matt Mira

I love Bond flicks and I loved the James Bonding podcast. This crossover episode will always have a place in my iPod. Gourley adores this film so much, and Mira just adores trashing it, which just destroys Gourley's childhood. Mira:"This movie's terrible Matt Gourley!" Gourley:"Terribly wonderful."

ย 

1) Ep # 128 "Streets of Fire" : Rachel Bloom and Jessica St. Clair

I have listened to this one at least ten times. Not certain if there's a funnier conversation then around Rick Moranis and sex. There's Rachel saying she hopes Moranis gets blown a lot. Then there's St. Clair saying she's going to fuck Moranis to which Jason replies "Or, you could give him a part on your show".

• Like 2

Crap, I feel as if not including Nicole Byer for ep # 132 "Bloodsport" is a bit of a miss.

• Like 2

Episode #23 The Room because they have Greg sestero and his tommy wiseau stories. I really want to throw the football with him

Paul F Tompkins is really good whenever hes on, I only knew him from Bojack Horseman so his appearances made me look up his other stuff.

That girl, I forget her name, from Broad City who guested on the Hercules in New York episode was great. Thats one of my favourite episodes too.

And Chelsea Perretti in the Suckerpunch episode more or less moistening her knickers over the cook fella was great. Mind you, she could read the Toronto yellow pages in Croatian and I'd listen. Im a little bit in love with her.

• Like 1

The hardest thing about this list is separating how much I love the individual guest from whether or not I liked their appearance. For example, I have the hugest nerd crush on Abbi Jacobson, but I thought her appearance in Hercules in New York wasn't that great (largely because she was shouted over most of the time, so it was hard for her points to get across). So while I still love Abbi, she sadly won't be on my list.

ย 

5) Jessica St. Clair - She's still my vote for backup June whenever June has to miss an episode. She's so wonderful, and her total confusion during Pluto Nash is one of my favorite things ever.

ย 

4) Adam Scott - I'm so glad that we'll probably keep getting F&F for basically the rest of our lives because it means Adam will keep coming back.

ย 

3) Lexi Alexander - Her appearance on HDTGM was my introduction to her. She's such a badass (and Green Street is a fucking legit movie), and I could listen to her talk about the film industry and what shit shape it's in for hours.

ย 

2) Tatiana Maslany - Love love love love love Tatiana. She's such a giant nerd and really just gets shows like this. She jumps right in and just nails it. Side note: her appearance on CBB was equally amazing, and she even played along with the improv on that. She's amazing, and if you don't love her, you are 100% in the wrong.

ย 

1) Paul F Tompkins - I just love everything that man does. He's wonderful in every episode he's in, but my favorite is Deep Blue Sea. The juxtaposition of his utter contempt for the movie and Evan Goldberg's total love of it was so wonderful (plus, on the same night but in a different episode, PFT gave us the gift of "Stellar Skateboard").

ย 

Honorable Mention: Rhea Butcher. I went back and forth between her and Jessica St. Clair for #5. They're both delightful.

• Like 4

Paul F. Tompkins and Nicole Beyer are two of my all-time favorites. I really really enjoyed John Mulaney on Solarbabies...I hope they have him back sometime!

• Like 1

2) Tatiana Maslany - Love love love love love Tatiana. She's such a giant nerd and really just gets shows like this. She jumps right in and just nails it. Side note: her appearance on CBB was equally amazing, and she even played along with the improv on that. She's amazing, and if you don't love her, you are 100% in the wrong.

ย 

I am one of the (apparently few) people who prefer the live shows. Live shows seem to bring a little something extra out of the cast and guests. Comics and actors playing in front of an audience I suppose. Considering her range, I'd love to see Tatiana have a chance to play off an engaged, and prepared, audience. I also felt Jason dialed things back a little in the "Masters of the Universe" episode which was unfortunate. Having seen enough interviews with Maslany, I think she could handle anything Jason threw at her.

1. Howard Kremer

2. Paul F. Tompkins

3. John Mulaney

4. Nicole Byer

5. Andy Richter

Ed Brubaker. Found it hilarious that the former writer of the Daredevil comic was on trashing the movie. Would love to hear him again...perhaps commenting on the 1990 Captain America disaster.

• Like 1

Drew Droege was amazing, too. Can't believe I forgot to mention him.

1. Tatiana Maslany

2. PFT

3. The Matts of James Bonding

4. CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT ALERT: Cameron Esposito

5. Nicole Byer

ย 

Honorable Mentions!

Jensen Karp

Jonah Ray

Andy Richter

Jessica St Clair

• Like 2

1. Tatiana Maslany

2. PFT

3. The Matts of James Bonding

4. CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT ALERT: Cameron Esposito

5. Nicole Byer

ย 

Honorable Mentions!

Jensen Karp

Jonah Ray

Andy Richter

Jessica St Clair

They should get Cameron and Rhea on together.

• Like 4

I don't have a Top 5 type list but all of this guests are in the episodes I find myselfef revisiting every time...

ย 

Nick Kroll, Casey Wilson, Rob Huebel, Chelsea Peretti, Adam Scott, Pete Holmes, Scott Aukerman, Kulap Vilaysack, Doug Benson, Paul F. Tompkins, Kristen Schaal, Cameron Esposito, Dan Harmon, Thomas Lennon, Andy Daly, Evan Goldberg, Randall Park, Horatio Sanz.

• Like 1

I also support the PFT, Nicole Byer, etc love fest. But I'd also like to add: Bobby Moynihan (the "Over the Top" episode is one of my most listened to), Rob and Nate Coddry, Wyatt Cenac (Phoenix I'm sky-f--king you!), Amy Schumer Retta and Michael Ian Black.

ย 

I really love the Pete Holmes' "88 Minutes" episode, but had trouble with him in "Can't Stop the Music." I think his joy is very infectious but in a live show he can get off topic very easily.

ย 

I think Dan Harmon was very funny in the "Jack Frost" episode. Sometimes I find him difficult to listen to. I think he's very smart and I loved 'Community' but he can get dark. I think having him on for a kid's movie was a good move.

Kumail Nanjiani is great, too. His laugh alone warrants another guest gig.

• Like 1

Kumail Nanjiani is great, too. His laugh alone warrants another guest gig.

Agreed! I've been wanting them to do a "double date" style episode if Jason for some reason can't make it, and then they can bring on Kumail and Emily!

• Like 1

First that come to mind are Andy Richter and Lennon Parham. They seemed like they could guest co-host any time and the show wouldn't miss a beat.

• Like 1

I think I've listened most to the Turtles II episode because Adam Pally just kills it. My favorite moments don't tend to involve a guest, but between his bad father anecdotes and attacking the crowd (honestly, a reason I prefer the live episodes is the audience interaction), it's absolutely my favorite episode.

ย 

I also loved Cameron Esposito on Can't Stop the Music. I couldn't stop laughing through the first thirty minutes of the episode.

• Like 2