🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 424 - Almost Parasites

Superstar musician "Weird Al" Yankovic and co-host/one man band leader of the new season of Comedy Bang! Bang! the TV show joins Scott to talk about what it's like to being back on a set in almost 20 years, his latest World Tour, and the brand new CBB theme remix. Then, businessman Greg Kerns arrives to really paint us a picture of the ins and outs of his business. Later, lifestyle coach Crap Pollo teaches us his expert steps on how to achieve all of our dreams.

• Like 1

so happy to have Berlant finally show up here. loved her episode of "The Characters" on Netflix, and her appearances on WSGLL and Wild Horses.

• Like 1

Scott and Al just goofing it up in the first segment in always a delight.

Drew might be a new candidate for worst character accent ever.

• Like 3

I started catching up on the old shows last year and the first time Scott had Al on the flutter in his voice he gets when he's nervous about a new, famous guest was as bad as I've heard it outside the last episode of UTU2TM?. A far cry from this chummy appearance. So, I guess my point is 'Hooray for friendship'.

Also, I always love Scott making himself the nitpicking acid test to an improvised character with an undercooked premise. Kate handled it well.

• Like 1

Do I watch the CBB premiere now or wait for the sweet double feature later in the week? Decisions decisions.

Side note: Al did a great job with the theme, as expected. Really hope it ends up on that gorgeous More Al boxed set

• Like 1

Close to the chest is actually more common than close to the vest.

http://english.stack...ose-to-the-vest

Yes, I created an account just for this purpose.

Goodbye.

#Wellactually the data and most of the anecdotal replies at the linked page suggest that 'vest' is more common in the US.

Anyone else feel the disdain in Scott's voice about the 4th time he had to say "Shave Butter" during the DSC read?

Probably one of my favorite Al appearances, he and Scott's chemistry just keeps getting better.

Drew might be a new candidate for worst character accent ever.

I love whenever Tarver attempts an accent Scott just tries to point out he must be from the southern part or wherever the character comes from.

You know, I was listening to

and I think Scott might be right about the "dings" being added in. Although I don't know why Weirdo Al wood forget that part.

they kept referring to Friday as "tomorrow" on this ep, which my detective skills lead me to believe this was intended to be released as a bonus ep on Thurs. What happened to the original monday ep? Will it go down in history with other lost pieces of art like Springsteen's full band version of Nebraska, or Hemingway's lost WW1 novel?

they kept referring to Friday as "tomorrow" on this ep, which my detective skills lead me to believe this was intended to be released as a bonus ep on Thurs. What happened to the original monday ep? Will it go down in history with other lost pieces of art like Springsteen's full band version of Nebraska, or Hemingway's lost WW1 novel?

Patton has an episode in the can but it was shelved until later in the summer because of his wife's death.

"Women are thrust into an economy where it's better for them to be dead than to be old" That's some pretty heavy commentary to be casually throwing into your improv scene. I wonder what she meant by that.

• Like 2

I meant to post this earlier, but anyway: I just happened to listen to episode 112 right after this one, which had some strange similarities. For one thing, Al goes through another spiel about how you can't give 110% of yourself to something, but more spookily: there's a segment where Scott and Al talk about remixing Reggie Watts' Comedy Bang Bang theme song, which he then proceeds to do. Was this practice for his eventual takeover on the TV show? Has he been playing the long con for years?

"Women are thrust into an economy where it's better for them to be dead than to be old" That's some pretty heavy commentary to be casually throwing into your improv scene. I wonder what she meant by that.

that comment was somehow the most memorable part of a great episode; it just kinda hung there for a second. it was indeed cryptic.