jakerayfish

My Fellow Yourcast Friends

Hello. My name is Jake and I am one of the hosts for the Terrible Friends Podcast (http://terriblefriendspodcast.com). Since we've signed up for the Yourcast page, I've been trying to go through and listen to all the other podcasts signed up along side us. I thought maybe it'd be cool to create this topic as a place for us to introduce ourselves to each other and offer our opinions, ask for and offer advice, and maybe even work towards promoting each others' podcasts. One thing I'm really interested in is having guests on our podcast and having one or all of us be guests on yours. What do you guys think?

I agree completely with you. I'm with Lobstercast (www.lobstercast.com), and we were talking about trying to do some sort of cross promotion with some other comedy casts. I can be contacted at marc@lobstercast.com. Also sorry, if you listened to some of our earlier pod casts as our sound sucked.

Great idea! Hi, I'm Mike Flynn of '39 Steps From Hell' (http://fofe84.podbean.com/). I just subscribed to every podcast listed in the Yourcast section, but I haven't listened to them yet (I've got a huge podcast backlog to plow through). I have never had a guest on my show but I am totally open to the suggestion of guesting on each others' shows. Did you guys get selected for the Earwolf Challenge? I didn't receive any notification, but I'm pretty sure I didn't make the cut as Jeff just tweeted that they're recording the first episode. Looking forward to hearing your shows!

Hey Jake, Terrible Friends is listed in the iTunes store but I can't download any episodes using iTunes ("the URL could not be found on the server.")

Hey Michael, thanks for bringing that to my attention. For some reason if you were subscribed to our podcast you could get the episodes no problem, but it wouldn't let anyone new subscribe and get them. I think it's fixed now.

I guess I don't know anything about the Earwolf Challenge. What is that?

Hey everyone, my name is Danny and I've also listened to most of the YourCast shows and also didn't make the cut for project tippytoe. Any and/or all of us at Shoddy Radio are willing to appear as guests on any and/or all podcasts looking for hilarious guests (shoddyradio@gmail.com). Also, has anyone noticed a dramatic increase in downloads since the YourCast directory? We've gotten a pretty big spike lately but I'm pretty sure it's because our last 2 shows had some pretty high profile (in the world of podcasting) guests. I'm still happy to contribute to earwolf either way, I'm really just curious.

Hey gang,

A fellow YourCaster and TippyToe reject (god I'm so bitter about that) I produce the Show & Prove podcast over here in the UK. I should have probably written a better blurb or uploaded a better clip to soundcloud as we didn't have a massive bump in subscribers. Then again it costs next to no money and we thought it would be a nice way to throw a bit of cash at Earwolf.

We haven't done an episode in a while as we're working on retooling - doing more sketches and such and a bit less "banter". I love some of the loose improvisational podcasts ... but I've found that people aren't really willing to listen to that (regardless of quality) unless they know the hosts well (from other things).

But yeah podcasting is fun and I'm massively jealous of the US podcasting scene. Would love some stateside feedback!

This is an absolutely MOMENTOUS idea! I'm Mike Sains and my co-host Mike Marlow and I make The Tower of Sour Podcast. We've been at it by ourselves for about 8 weeks now and we JUST had our first guests on the show. Granted, they're our personal friends, but they also happen to be recording artists who make good music. But, they're not exactly funny. We want, so badly, to have funny guests on the show who can put on a Sour Face and go at it with us. Also, we haven't seen much of an increase in listens from the Earwolf Directory, as no one know who the fuck we are, SO, some cross promotion would be good. We're huge whores on our show, so anyone who sets up an agreement with us will get audio blow jobs from us in exchange. (we'll plug your stuff). If you want both or either of us on the show, hit us up @ TowerOfSour@yahoo.com, here on the forums on our page, OR on SoundCloud @ The Tower Of Sour Podcast. Thanks and lets keep this forum alive!

Ok well ... maybe if someone suggests a show each week (or whenever) and then we can all listen to an episode and have our say with criticism and feedback etc? Not mine however (won't be ready for another week).

I'm glad so many people are interested in this idea. I've been trying to listen through to see which podcasts would be a good match for ours. I don't know if any of you have had a chance to listen to our podcast yet, but we do things a little differently than most other podcasts out there. For starters, the two other hosts and I are several hundred miles away from each other. One of us even lives in a different time zone. So we do the podcast over a skype call and record individual tracks which two of us take turns editing every week. We also heavily edit our podcast. We typically record each week for about an hour to an hour and a half, and usually only use 20-40 minutes of it. Do any of you guys do any similar? We tend to think ourselves pretty damned funny, but I've never heard any constructive criticism.

Here's probably one of our best podcasts if you're curious.

http://www.terriblefriendspodcast.com/2011/06/episode-90-rhymes-with-dreamin/

Let's keep this thread going and have some cool discussions!

Ok Jake. I'll take a listen over the weekend and give you some feedback. I'm working on a new episode of my show so will post a link to it soon.

I'd love to trade promotion spots with people. I think it's important to share your audience with others. I'm starting a weekly column on my site "# of the week" to feature new shows that don't get features everywhere else. Send me your show or other suggestions and I'll review them.

Also, I can mention your show on my next show or if you want to record a 1 minute ad, I'll put it on my show.
If you could mention my show that would be a great help.

Adam
"Proudly Resents"
Proudlyresents.com

Also check out this fb group of fellow independent podcasters.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/109452635826538/

hey guys! my name is mike and i recently started a new comedy podcast called Help! We're Trapped! its new adventure for us. the plot is my 2 friends, our producer and i are trapped in an unknown location and a disembodied voice plays mind games with us and pit similar topics against another.. we were thinking about advertising here. wondering if you feel it would help us at all. we are also interested in cross promotion stuff.

also im starting a network and we are looking to add a few shows to our network. if you are interested in joining on to the network please email me at mikebaurer@gmail.com!

our podcast is located and recorded out of Philadelphia. you can listen here at www.folkyouphilly.com

looking forward to all your responses!

Greetings all,
This is David and Andreas from brilliantorstupid.com (a satirical podcast exploring ideas for everything from new inventions and concepts, to new websites and TV shows, pizza toppings, ways to solve hunger, etc, all to help make the world a funnier place). We would just like to introduce ourselves as we are new pups at earwolf. Feel free to contact us to share any ideas, feedback or cross-promotion plans or just to make friends and shoot the shit.
brilliantorstupid@gmail.com
-David

Hey guys,

Jay here from the Masters Of None podcast. We were a Yourcast show, but somehow we've disappeared from the page after (I thought) we signed up for the ongoing monthly deal. Anywho, we'd love to trade promo spots to air in front of our show if anyone would like to do the same. I think it's a great way to reach out to new people, we've done it with our pals from Bob & Dan Cast and we've each gotten some new listeners that way. Send over a 15 second promo to us with info on your show at mastersofnoneshow at gmail and we'll send you ours back with more info on us too. Our site is mastersofnone.com and we're on itunes if you want to check us out first (we're currently in-between seasons as of this post).

Cheers,

Jay

Hey guys,

We are IMPROV ON TAPE performed by the LA improv group Robert Downey JR JR!

After a few weeks of pumping out shows we just signed up to YourCast last weekend! We're an improv podcast that revolves around actual character work & scenes (as opposed to purely a chat show). To be honest, I haven't seen any real effects or hits or bumps yet but at least we can now call ourselves YourCast brothers? :-)

iTunes: Improv On tape on iTunes

Twitter: @improvontape

Have you guys tried Facebook ads for your podcast?

I've been testing it out this month and so far, for about $9 spent, I have gotten 43 new "likes" to my podcast's Facebook page.

So far with Yourcast, it looks like I've gotten 2 clicks to my website and 6 listens on my Soundcloud preview player.

I joined the YourCast Facebook group a few weeks ago. YourCast solidarity. Still seems like YourCast is a very small, quiet community tucked away in the corner of the internet. When are we going to come out & show off our beautiful colors to the world?

Stats wise, it's almost been a month and I've gotten around 16 clicks from the YourCast page to my podcast's website & 7 plays on my SoundCloud preview clip. Is that par for the course or am I the odd duck missing out on the killer YourCast party?

Hi,

I'm Mike Sains from The Tower of Sour Podcast. I am asking that you vote for our show in the Best Social Commentary portion of the 2012 Stitcher Radio Awards. It seems as though others have voted for us. Please, nominate us there in that category and any and all you see fit. It would mean so much to us that I can't begin to explain it.

Thank you in advance.

http://stitcher.promotw.com/

Again: Vote for The Tower of Sour Podcast for "Best Social Commentary". There is still time to vote! You have until October 19th and can vote 1 time each day. Get it in! Vote for us in every category! We don't care! JUST VOTE FOR US! Please.

You're so funny and attractive it's insane. Vote for us.

The Show on iTunes

The Show on SoundCloud

Hi,

I'm Mike Sains from The Tower of Sour Podcast. I am asking that you vote for our show in the Best Social Commentary portion of the 2012 Stitcher Radio Awards. It seems as though others have voted for us. Please, nominate us there in that category and any and all you see fit. It would mean so much to us that I can't begin to explain it.

Thank you in advance.

http://stitcher.promotw.com/

Again: Vote for The Tower of Sour Podcast for "Best Social Commentary". There is still time to vote! You have until October 19th and can vote 1 time each day. Get it in! Vote for us in every category! We don't care! JUST VOTE FOR US! Please.

You're so funny and attractive it's insane. Vote for us.

The Show on iTunes

The Show on SoundCloud

Just TWO DAYS LEFT! Please vote! Please!

• Like 1