🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 425 - Sunday Afternoon Taped

Andy: Can we get some drinks...

Me, mentally: ...at a club, then go walk in front of the Chinese theatreeee. Hollywood facts. Joe Truglio's diiiick.

• Like 6

I really think this was an awesome episode. I would rather hear pros fucking around than wannabes trying to be funny.

• Like 1

Trump vs Bernie with Gottfried? Nah

Well, mainly because this is the only time Adomian's been on this year, but I also thought it was a good episode. Gilbert was a little rambly and stream of consciousness at times but the parts with Trump and Bernie were funny.

• Like 2

NICE!

Well it's Hollywood Fact and we're going downtown

Going to Englewood now

Everybody know your facts and know your stars

There's glitz and glamour

And lots of bars

Get a drink

At a club

Then go walk in front of the Chinese Theatre

HOLLYWOOD FACTS

Take out your diiiiiiiick

Check out the facts it's the Hollywood Facts, BRO

"Everybody DO your facts and know your stars"

(sorry for fansplaining)

• Like 3

My favourite eps of the year: This, Time Bobby 4, the one with Adam Scott, 7th anniversary, annual Schwartz and Sanz ep, Sean and Hayes ep, South by Southwest ep, Zouks and Daly ep, Gilly and Rust ep

• Like 2

I'd also throw in the Paul Riser/Brendon Small episode as well. Tiny,Victor and Willy's Apple song makes me smile and laugh

• Like 3

I've made a point to keep a running list all year of all sodes. My cur top 10:

Ep #391 - 2015 Holiday Spectacular (Paul F. Tompkins, Lauren Lapkus, Jon Gabrus, Mike Hanford, Neil Campbell & Will Hines)

Ep #406 - Kid Detectives II (Thomas Middleditch, Lauren Lapkus)

Ep #390 - The Oh, Hello Show (Eugene Mirman, John Mulaney & Nick Kroll)

Ep #416 - Silicone Bralley Poo Crew (Thomas Middleditch, Martin Starr & Kumail Nanjiani)

Ep #403 - This Ain't Now, This is Then (Adam Scott, Tim Baltz & Dan Ahdoot)

Ep #402 - Solo Bolo Trolo (Ben Schwartz)

Ep #404 - The Timeys Leap Year Celebration (Neil Campbell, Jessica Jean Jardine, Ronnie Adrian, Betsy Sodaro, Carl Tart & Tim Kalpakis)

Ep #419 - The 7th Anniversary Show! (Jason Mantzoukas, Paul F. Tompkins, Horatio Sanz,Neil Campbell, Mike Hanford, Tim Baltz & Drew Tarver)

Ep #425 - Sunday Afternoon Taped (Andy Samberg, Claudia O'Doherty & Nick Kroll)

Ep #407 - Shut the Fuck Door! (Paul F. Tompkins, Dan Ahdoot, Drew Tarver, Mandell Maughan, Ryan Gaul, Tawny Newsome & Tim Baltz)

402-407 was an amazing run.

• Like 1

This is one of the funniest episodes I have heard in a long time. That was ridiculous. Hopefully we someday get to hear Chupacabra and Jon Hamm together again.

• Like 3

Well, mainly because this is the only time Adomian's been on this year, but I also thought it was a good episode. Gilbert was a little rambly and stream of consciousness at times but the parts with Trump and Bernie were funny.

Was probably my favorite ep this year. As far as laughs per minute.

~~

This show was an absolute mess, but still very funny. Love Claudia, the many masks of Nick Kroll, and Andy was very Andy.

• Like 2

On vacation in europe, hadn't listened to time Bobby ep yet when I saw this lineup pop up when I finally found some wifi.... and needless to say I would have ended the vacation immediately and been happy, let alone when I saw the next lineup was Benny and the Rog

sooo much quality podcasting at my eardrumtips right now its sickening

Trump vs Bernie with Gottfried? Nah

Wow, we have very different tastes, sure Gilbert brought it down and I only re-listen to the section with Trump/Bernie, but the laughs per minute in that were off the charts compared to most other episodes. I liken it to the Leykus episode with Poehler and Mantzoukas or the George/Gil episode with Lizzy Caplan

Fixed for you!

It's almost as if people aren't allowed to have their own opinions isn't it.

It's almost as if people aren't allowed to have their own opinions isn't it.

Their post was a stinker! Elaborate if you're going to leave criticism/hate in a forum where fans come to discuss episodes.

I didn't say anyone couldn't express their opinion, if that person wants to elaborate on what they meant, then I'm all ears.

Key word is usually discuss - so you can unclutch your pearls, I'm only prodding the poster because they didn't say what their problem was with this episode. I come here to discuss episodes, and if I can't back up what I have to say, I keep my mouth shut.

• Like 11

Their post was a stinker! Elaborate if you're going to leave criticism/hate in a forum where fans come to discuss episodes.

I didn't say anyone couldn't express their opinion, if that person wants to elaborate on what they meant, then I'm all ears.

Key word is usually discuss - so you can unclutch your pearls, I'm only prodding the poster because they didn't say what their problem was with this episode. I come here to discuss episodes, and if I can't back up what I have to say, I keep my mouth shut.

I completely agree. I have no problem with people having differing opinions, but what's the point of going on a message board/forum to just post "This EP sucked", or something to that effect, without giving any context? At that point, you're sort of just trolling, so any backlash you get in response is fine by me.

I think Nick Kroll was so apologetic about his performance that it undermined things. I thought the EP was hilarious, even if it didn't have a really polished/structured character arc and sort of rambled.

Wow, we have very different tastes, sure Gilbert brought it down and I only re-listen to the section with Trump/Bernie, but the laughs per minute in that were off the charts compared to most other episodes. I liken it to the Leykus episode with Poehler and Mantzoukas or the George/Gil episode with Lizzy Caplan

I'm right there with you. I actually didn't mind Gilbert Gottfried as much as everyone else seemed to, although I recognize he has an obviously grating voice. His Thicke of the Night singing was hilarious, and while I can't remember exactly what his off-color Cosby joke was from that episode, I do remember it made me laugh uncontrollably, even though I knew it was one of those jokes where I felt bad for finding it funny.

The Trump character that episode was amazing too.