🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MarcDickenson

The Crow: City of Angels (1996)

I think the Crow sequels are worthy on their own, but this one moved in such an oddball direction, plus, you can't go wrong with Iggy Pop as a villain.

Starring Vincent Perez and Mia Kirshner, The Crow II: City of Angels tells the story of a victim, murdered by a brutal attach by an evil drug cartel, who is brought back to life by a mysterious crow. With the help of a beautiful woman named Sarah, he exacts revenge on his killers one by one, only to realize his enemy has discovered the one weakness that can destroy him forever.

[media='']

[/media]

Okay, I literally just went wading through all the topics to find this because I just finished watching it and other people need to see this amazing clusterfuck.

The first half is almost exactly the original film, except the color palette is all the dustiest shades of green and yellow, and then nothing after makes any sense. There's an orgy (????), Iggy Pop weirdness, the weirdest voyeuristic phone sex but not phone sex thing I've ever seen, a Day of the Dead grunge mosh pit, a terrible child actor, and that one guy from the last episode of Firefly. Also, a Bai Ling rip off ('cause she was in the first film). Bonus points: David Goyer wrote the script and refuses to acknowledge it.

Sign in to follow this