🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
hebmskebm

The Million Dollar Hotel (2000)

The only thing you need to know about this movie is that is was written by Bono.

Yes, that Bono. Wrote the script (and scored the music, natch).

It's about a group of crazy people all living in the same run-down hotel with a murder mystery unfolding around them. They find a way to take that concept as make it as meandering and batshit as possible.

Jeremy Davies stars and pretty much whispers almost all of his lines. Milla Jovovich is here too. Oh, and Mel Gibson has a supporting role as a ball-busting FBI agent investigating the murder. He produced the film (along with Bono), and was quoted as saying the movie "was as boring as a dog's ass".

Trailer:

I remember seeing this and not believing how many notable actors were in this, and how utterly shitty it was. I have to assume that people signed on to this after hearing Bono wrote it and Mel Gibson was a part of it, because even now the overall plot is completely generic outside of the unnecessarily quirky characters that fill this flophouse.

• Like 1

I have to assume that people signed on to this after hearing Bono wrote it and Mel Gibson was a part of it.

And now, 16 years later, just the mention of the involvement of those 2 very names would warn you off a movie quicker than if you saw their faces appear on a street map after googling them on a law enforcement website. Which is entirely possible in Mel's case.

Sign in to follow this