🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 427 - True Russian Facts

Another Period creators Natasha Leggero and Riki Lindhome are back along with singer-songwriter Dan Mangan on this week's Comedy Bang! Bang! They join Scott to chat about Dads and Grads season, peeing your pants, and how Natasha & Riki spend their leisure time. Later, Russian oligarch Mikhail Titscoffski arrives with news that he has bought Earwolf and has some suggestions on how to improve the show. Plus, Dan will perform songs throughout the episode in honor of his new EP "Unmake."

• Like 1

Consarnit! Would You Rather is brought back and immediately shut down! I love Natasha, but now I feel so much frustration because of her!

And I could stand to hear more of Mikhail's shows for Earwolf.

• Like 2

If Natasha Leggero was a character in one of "those movies" that she hates so much, her supervillain weakness would be whenever another character experiences joy. It clearly pains her.

• Like 3

Is Sasha and Masha Eat Borscht supposed to be a parody podcast of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks? Cause that's not an Earwolf one...

• Like 1

In Natasha's defense I felt like that was the most try hard-y WYR? query I've heard yet.

• Like 5

Going to Leningrad now...

Everybody do your facts, grab a sickle and hammer

There's lots of vodka and glitz and glamour.

(That was terrible, I'm sorry.)

• Like 3

Everybody do your facts, grab a sickle and hammer

There's lots of vodka and glitz and glamour.

Hit a mink with a club

Then go walk in front of Bolshoi Theatre

• Like 6

Also, I was wondering if people who wanted wishes granted could avoid the stigma by saying they have J. Jonah Jameson mustaches. But I guess we're never getting the answer to that question. THANKS, NATASHA!

Holy shit that plugs theme!

Scott was struggling to come up with a band it sounded like and eventually pulled That Dog, but it seemed like a pretty clear (and very impressive) Dinosaur Jr. knock-off.

• Like 3

Scott singing "Eating on the streets" about the pickles felt like our own little private joke that no one else on the podcast noticed!

• Like 13

This ep was the podcast equivalent of zoning out to Law & Order. The oligarch's "bigger names" bit and the Russian Earwolf parodies were solid but they played out exactly as expected. Maybe I'm just in a funk, but I skipped all the songs and ads and then Scott bailed on WYR so it felt like the whole show was only 20 minutes of friendly chit-chat. Perfectly serviceable but left me wanting more.

I was excited to hear Would You Rather again, but I kind of love how it all fell apart so quickly. Dan Mangan's playing is very beautiful, I've been listening to him intermittently since the Vancouver tour show, along with Icona Pop, of course. I love Riki, of course she hides in a closet sometimes.

Also, I hope the Black Tux sponsorship feud between Scott and PFT continues, and in fact escalates. There could be a duel!

• Like 4

Also, I hope the Black Tux sponsorship feud between Scott and PFT continues, and in fact escalates. There could be a duel!

That ad was so great. I love how Scott went though the whole Paul thing, and then he was like "OK, I'm going to read the real ad copy now."

• Like 2