🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

This movie is awesomely horrible. I just remember the helicopter that crashes off camera and all you hear is the sound of the crash and some debris, with some fake smoke. What? Were they over budget at that point? Wasn't it suppose to be some major plot point like where Morgan Freeman dies or something? But they can't even show it? But they can have fully rendered idiot looking CG aliens, no problem.

Oh man, Morgan Freeman as a bad ass military fascist, ridiculous alien deathmatch at the end, for some reason the alien takes the form of a handicapped kid who gives people super powers, and later grows up to be the one and only Donnie Wahlberg! If this isn't loaded with at least 45 mins of "wtf!" material, nothing is.

(Obviously there are other movies that are, but I thought that would be a good way to drive the point home...)

Proof that when Stephen King poops... the publisher publishes... Its a secret shame that i like this movie.. whats not to like? A retarded Whalberg, Jason Lee toilet or door dilemma, Damien Lewis flipping out, running poop-monsters fleeing missile strikes, massive UFO explosion.. all obvious cinematic gold surely! ;)

My husband and I take pride in our bad movie collection. Our new pride and joy is Dreamcatcher. This movie always start endless discussions from how Morgan Freeman harvested caterpillars for his eyebrows to why a bunch of men meet up to honor some guy who is still alive and doesn't live that far away. And don't get us started on the worms ...

• Like 1

PLEASE DO THIS ONE. I NEED to hear everyone weigh in on the shitweasel and Duddits (Yay! A Whalberg!), immediately.

I saw Dreamcatcher when it was in theaters. I had not thought about it since, but as soon as I became aware of HDTGM it was the first movie that came to mind. Seriously, how did this not get made into an episode of How Did This Get Made?

I actually own this movie and only for it being a guilty pleasure. The shit weasels were part of the book along with Morgan Freeman's character being a douche. But Donnie Walhberg going full tard and phone gun were batshit crazy. I think Walhberg thought he could get an Oscar nod from this and went Radio on our asses. Also have we mentioned that Donnie Walhberg secretly being an ALIEN?!?! That was way out of left field.

Though to be honest, the book tries to keep itself a little more grounded in sci-fi fans understanding of aliens , but the shared psychic shit was too much.

This is one of my biggest guilty pleasures.

YES

I need to hear you guys take about Duddits and shit weasels and alien fungus all up in everyones shit..literally.

• Like 1

This is one of my biggest guilty pleasures.

YES

I need to hear you guys take about Duddits and shit weasels and alien fungus all up in everyones shit..literally.

An alien fungus named after Sigourney Weaver's character in Aliens.

• Like 1

I love this movie, everytime it's on tv i watch it, I've never owned it on dvd bacause it's on tv every other weekend. I love Stephen king books, SK said in a interview once that if given the opportunity to make one of his books into a movie he will risk doing it because he may never see it made into a film. so he green lights a lot of good books into films at the risk of them never being made into films.

c9190f6ee5e03ecd9fb13a521a4d8db0_19756037.jpg

I was searching for funny shots of Damian Lewis in Dreamcatcher and struck gold with this promotional still.

I think this is from the car accident scene in the beginning.

I hope this is a joke someone put together in photoshop because the fungus is framed ever so slightly to hide a potentially bloody anus and the tagline reads "Evil slips through" hahahahaha

I also liked how Lewis would speak in an American accent for his main character but would have a super British accent when he was the alien. The British accent was super over the top which is funny as Lewis was British guy doing an American guy doing a British accent.

TAGLINE: Four friends hung a dreamcatcher in their cabin. It's about to catch something it cannot stop.

YOU GUYS GOTTA DO THIS MOVIE.

There's a line in this that kind of sums up a feeling that sets in a few minutes after it starts: "Jesus-Christ-bananas, some fuckaroo this is turning into." Gotta do this movie.

Donnie Wahlberg doesn't so much go "full retard" as he goes "full 90s Sandler". The only thing missing from his first appearances on screen, and when he comes running down the stairs to see his friends, is him shouting "abbey sabba doo!" in a Sandler voice. Shame on the OP citing Stand By Me flashbacks as the kids in this film are more Last Airbender quality performers.

There is so much happening in this movie at once, yet none of it makes sense. Its like a less cohesive Spider-Man 3, but with triple the plots, and 1/10 the reality.

Aren't "full tard" and "full 90s Sandler" the same thing?

• Like 1

It was directed by the man who co-wrote Empire Strikes back Lawrence Kasdan

The script is based on a a story by the same man who wrote the story Shawshank Redemption.

Really man? You can name drop Empire Strikes Back's screenwriter, but can't remember Stephen King?

• Like 1

The time has come to bump this topic. Just in case. Because this movie needs doing, and would fill the Stephen King quota. Screw Maximum Overdrive (which I think I suggested elsewhere)... THIS.

The time has come to bump this topic. Just in case. Because this movie needs doing, and would fill the Stephen King quota. Screw Maximum Overdrive (which I think I suggested elsewhere)... THIS.

How about a live double feature episode?

Really man? You can name drop Empire Strikes Back's screenwriter, but can't remember Stephen King?

To be fair, I think he was just saying that the idea for this film comes from the same mind that inspired one of the greatest films of all time! I think that "Shawshank Redemption" is the closest that we males have to a chick flick. A dick flick, maybe? I don't like the sound of that thought at all. Ouch....

• Like 1

Oh, man, this movie has no excuse to be as terrible as it is. Not only is it based on a Stephen King novel, not only does it star Damian Lewis, Morgan Freeman and Timothy Olyphant . . . but it's directed and written by Laurence freakin' "Empire Strikes Back" Kasadan and co-written by William "The Princess Bride" Goldman!

WTF?!?!

While we're on the subject of Stephen King movies though, I will toss in "Silver Bullet" for consideration. I believe it's one of the only screenplays King wrote.

And it has Gary Busey in it. And a werewolf. And no, they are not one and the same.