🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 428 - Get Donk'd

Rhys Darby of The Flight of The Conchords enters the CBB 1st Timers Club! Rhys tests his movie trivia, plays a game of "Agree or Disagree?", and acknowledges his immortality. Then, Margie Donk returns to tell us about her new venture to pursue her dream as a writer in Los Angeles. Later, personal trainer Reggie Tote arrives to talk about his specific Hollywood trainer expertise which began with the original Roots series.

Damn Rhys is so quick I love his brain.. Stoppy Starty! love me some thursday bonusss

• Like 1

Scott was on fire today i thought, really funny. Rhys, Margie and Reggie were a treat too. Solid ep.

That's what I thought too.

Scotty was at peak snarky goodness. Rhys and him played so great together! Grepisode!

(Oh also, Paul on this week's Spont talked about how different generations describe a headset type mic. Grant Lee Phillips called it a Garth Brooks mic and PFT called it a Janet Jackson mic. Zeitgeist baby!)

• Like 6

Yes I like the parallel minds of Jon Daly both incorporating farts into Robert Durst.

Both times cracked Scott up

Plugs theme was super good!

i love Rhys so much. he could say anything and it would sound funny.

such a great lineup. such a great ep.

dats dope dats dope

• Like 2

I think the fart noise is mankind's golden punchline.

Seriously, i was laughing way too hard at that everytime

Enjoyed the UTU2TM-esque games/subpodcasts.

U talkin' Oliver Subpodcasts to me?

Great guest, great characs, great Scott, C+ ep.

Did anyone else notice that Scott made a Bill Carter reference, then Reggie described something similar to the Bill Carter ADPPP episode? And then to top it off, they talked about singing bass in doo-wop a la Hot Dog, and it was all within like 5 minutes.

• Like 2

That's what I thought too.

Scotty was at peak snarky goodness. Rhys and him played so great together! Grepisode!

(Oh also, Paul on this week's Spont talked about how different generations describe a headset type mic. Grant Lee Phillips called it a Garth Brooks mic and PFT called it a Janet Jackson mic. Zeitgeist baby!)

I was born in '83, and I call it a Britney Spears mic.

• Like 3

Had to come back and post again because of this... Says 1 minute ago, but it was about 4 minutes ago now. This is a thing that JUST happened on my Facebook news feed:

yTQq7qw.png

I guess this answers their question. The person who posted this was born in '88.

• Like 4

I really enjoyed the chop busting nature of this episode, because the people whose chops got busted ran with it and made it hilarious! Everyone got in on it too. So fun.

• Like 3

Mary Holland is my favorite Wild Horses member.. she was pretty great on this

More favourite than Lauren?! For me Mary is second, if we're going to be trigger-inducing misogynist piglords and rank them.

Around 1:18:30 I was waiting for someone to say 'The Basketball Diaries of Anne Frank'.

Deeeecent first post.

• Like 3

probably on spont. Scott and PFT have a revolving list of about 12 things that they talk about during a given time period

• star wars (permanently on the list)
  • indiana jones is a psychopathic murderer
  • the non-apology apology
  • the devil went down to georgia

....i got tired. there's more

• Like 3

probably on spont. Scott and PFT have a revolving list of about 12 things that they talk about during a given time period

• star wars (permanently on the list)
  • indiana jones is a psychopathic murderer
  • the non-apology apology
  • the devil went down to georgia

....i got tired. there's more

The train movie

• Like 3

The train movie

Those miserly old crones Mildred and Patty Hill

• Like 2

I know Slimer, aka Onion Head, shows up on Scott's list. Does PFT bring him up as regularly?

Maybe it's just me, but to me this was a great ep. Rhys was hilarious and I thought Reggie the slave-trainer could've used another 20 minutes to really get over the top on his charac. I hope they're both back, so they'll finally have something in common with "The Donk!"

"So are you some sort of trainer to the stars... seeking stars?"

Based on the bit with the dogs, I'd say that's pretty likely.

• Like 3