🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ofcoursemyhorse

Cellular (2004)

Bump for this, its cheesy and dumb but still good fun. Chris Evans and William H. Macy are both great in this despite a bland script. Jason Statham isnt given too much to do in this besides his pretty over the top scenes with Kim Basinger which are hilarious.

It's on Netflix. Watching it now. It's so bad, I remember this coming out but never saw it. I feel 3 or 4 versions of this "I'm on the phone with a kidnap victim" genre have come out in the last decade. Didn't Halle Berry star in one?

This movie is not that bad, especially as far as HDTGM goes. The plot makes sense, it's lean (maybe too lean)...silly but fun and watchable. 

Writer did well he got this and Phone Booth made. Imagine if it was made now? He'd have to contend with snap chat and instagram draining the battery.

I just watched it. I remember the commercials with Kim Basinger and thought it was more of a thriller. But I think it would’ve been better as a comedy. Because like one of the big obstacles is... a tunnel. You know?

William H. Macy kind of killed it in the scene where he realizes foul play is afoot and...wipes green mask goo off his face. Except the stuff with Kim Basinger is dark. Maybe if it had been played as like a rich housewife, who like used to be a teacher and then married? 

The tone was very odd. 

On 1/11/2019 at 2:09 PM, Grand Moff Talkin' said:

It's on Netflix. Watching it now. It's so bad, I remember this coming out but never saw it. I feel 3 or 4 versions of this "I'm on the phone with a kidnap victim" genre have come out in the last decade. Didn't Halle Berry star in one?

Halle Berry was in The Call where she's a 911 operator when someone calls while trapped in a trunk. As I recall, it's okay for what it is until it gets really crazy.

On 1/12/2019 at 6:39 PM, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I just watched it. I remember the commercials with Kim Basinger and thought it was more of a thriller. But I think it would’ve been better as a comedy. Because like one of the big obstacles is... a tunnel. You know?

William H. Macy kind of killed it in the scene where he realizes foul play is afoot and...wipes green mask goo off his face. Except the stuff with Kim Basinger is dark. Maybe if it had been played as like a rich housewife, who like used to be a teacher and then married? 

The tone was very odd. 

When Statham goes to choke Kim Basinger with the phone cord, it was so jarring. William H. Macy was delightful throughout, he was easily the best part of the movie for me. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this