🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan L

Suggestion for 100th Episode Format

I know it's a little ways away, but since it was mentioned on the most recent episode I thought I'd throw out an idea I had for the format of the episode. The mentioned idea was for the 100th to take out a film from the Canon. I think that's an amazingly devious idea, but I think to ramp it up a notch - it's the 100th, let's super size this baby! A fatal three-way for the dishonorable discharge from the Canon, with one nominated by Devin, one by Amy, and one by the community. The forum will then vote for the movie they most want to stay in the Canon (since we're a place of positivity and merit here, right?) and the last place movie will live on in infamy.

Also, with the 100th being an ejection episode, would that mean we wouldn't get another opportunity like the 50th to bring a previously rejected movie in? Or, an even more devious idea, could it be a movie already in versus on that didn't make it?

Any other ideas to make this 100th episode a real spectacular?

Based on the list of people's least favorite films in the canon I feel like this episode could put Chi-Raq in jeopardy, personally I'd like to see blade runner eliminated.

Pshhh!! Cannibal Holocaust is AMAAAAAZING, and is canon for its place among exploitation films, as well as the advent of found footage.

But I'd probably go with Chi-Raq, Working Girl, or Two-Lane Blacktop. Or maybe we should vote out a slam dunk, because that's way more fun.

I would be really disappointed to see Chi-Raq go I'm curious about the argument for why it's not canon.

I think it was much too soon to induct Chi-raq into the canon. Most people hadn't even had the chance to see it yet. However, after seeing it, I really liked it and wouldn't vote it out.

Sign in to follow this