🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Colt Cabana's Pro Wrestling Fringe - Ep1: A Giant Expectation

Pro wrestling is known for larger-than-life-figures, but the 7’7” Jorge "El Gigante" Gonzalez was a giant even among them. Colt and Rob Naylor tell the story of his brief and unusual career. To hear new episodes of this series log on to Howl.fm and use the promo code COLT for 1-month free.

Here's me describing how I got into Earwolf in the first place:

I was an infrequent listener of The Art of Wrestling, a podcast hosted by Colt Cabana. I also frequent a pro wrestling-themed message board. I didn't listen to the AoW episode that featured guest Hornswoggle (a little person with the wrestling gimmick of a leprechaun) but someone on the message board said that with 'Swoggle's love of bad movies, he'd be a good fit as a guest on How Did This Get Made. I looked up HDTGM, found out what it was about. I like bad movies, and I like Paul Scheer, so I gave it a try (I can't remember the first episode I listened to, but the newest ep at the time was Odd Life of Timothy Green). I wound up listening to every episode available, and became a big Jason Mantzoukas fan. So I ventured into other Earwolf territory to listen to more of his stuff. Which got me into Comedy Bang Bang, which eventually got me into a whole bunch of other stuff. So basically being a wrestling nerd led me into being a comedy nerd.

So, y'know, hearing Colt ON Earwolf is always a treat for me.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this