🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 23 — Where Is Sklarbro Country?

It took us long enough, but we finally have Earwolf hosts on The Wolf Den! Those hosts are Randy and Jason Sklar of Sklarbro Country, our sports-themed comedy show that comes out every Friday. You might underestimate their awareness of download numbers and Twitter follower count, but as you'll learn, these guys put a lot of time and effort into their show (sometimes to the detriment of their personal lives). Learn why they love doing Sklarbro Country, even when it affects their travel plans, job offers, and patience. You'll also learn how Chris Cox (Tiger Woods, Jerry Jones, Sam Elliott, etc) got involved and why we all love him so much. Leave your shouts of "HENDERSON!" in the forum thread for this episode!

HENDERSON!!!

What did you guys think was the most interesting topic of this episode? I thought it was fun to learn about the challenges of being part of a comedy team.

I appreciated hearing about how diligent Randy and Jason are when it comes to developing material for the show, responding to feedback, and monitoring analytics. I think most fans of Sklarboro Country would agree that their hard work is evident in every episode. It's apparent that they're committed to putting out a consistently good podcast.

I thought the whole thing about how podcasts are changing the comedy landscape was really interesting, as was the stuff about monetizing it. I think it's great for comedy in general that comedians can build these communities online that leads to genuine fans coming out to their shows instead of just random people who may or may not "get it", but it'd be even better if the podcasts themselves could become a revenue stream in their own right. Needless to say, I'll be donating to the new studio fund as soon as I am able.

I enjoyed the segment regarding the preparation process. How about making a monthly web episode that goes behind the scenes
of the various Earwolf shows, highlighting the dynamic and relationships between the hosts and guests? It would be cool to see
the general tomfoolery (punch me for saying that word) that inevitably goes on.

Also, checking analytics is more addicting than Gushers Fruit Snacks.

Really loved the insight on the Sklars' creative and business process of working as a comedy team. Not sure I'd ever heard them speak on the topic so openly before. This interview was another example of Randy & Jason showing why they're such great guys and comedians. Looking forward to the continued expansion of the Sklarbro Country. Manifest Destiny II: The Sklarbro edition? (the friendly version)

I love the fact the Jeff encourages transparency. It's forward thinking in a very cool way. This podcast sure is growing on me.

They really work hard and care so much about the show they put out. It's really amazing how much new material they come up with each week. Thanks to Julia, Roy, Steve, Joel and Jeffrey for chatting with me!

And Julia Hays, I'm trying to get in touch with you, please contact me through the website. Thanks!

Just donated. As far as getting more people to donate, maybe your "telethon" suggestion wasn't that far off. I'm not suggesting an actual telethon, but maybe live, fundraising webcasts with various Earwolf hosts? They could be broadcasted from live, coordinated events where all sorts of Earworlf merchandise is sold. I dunno, would the costs involved would offset the potential gains? You guys probably have better data on that than I do.

Anyway, the work the Sklars put into their show definitely comes through on their podcast and it's fascinating to hear them talk about it.

I really want to donate, but right now is not a good time for me. But as soon as things are in the black or at least not so much in the red I will be signing up for a monthly donation. You should really just target Earwolf's programs to millionaire's. Maybe have a yachting podcast, a podcast on how to belittle your foreign born employees, or perhaps a caviar tasting podcast. The only problem I foresee with that is that rich people usually expect to get everything fro free but maybe they can donate a slightly uses Jaguar, the animal not the vehicle. Oh and great show as always, I love it when the Earwolf podcasts have these mega-crossovers especially when they get together to defeat the Hulk.

Sign in to follow this