🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DankestBiscuit

Elmer Gantry vs A Face in the Crowd

It may be a stretch to justify them facing off against each other but both are really interesting and well made films I wish more people knew of.

They could be paired together because both are concerned with a con-man using populism to their own ends. The lead preformances by Burt Lancaster and Andy Griffith are also pretty great.

Not bad, but I think A FACE IN THE CROWD vs. ACE IN THE HOLE feels a little more like an even match.

• Like 1

Funny, I watched both Ace in the Hole and A Face in the Crowd back to back the first time I saw either of them. Good versus, but I have a hard time voting against Billy Wilder. Would love to have either as a stand alone as well. More people need to see this early Andy Griffith classic.

A Face In the Crowd vs. Ace In the Hole would be an excellent match. I was thinking A Face In the Crowd vs. Network because I'd like to hear a discussion of the two side-by-side, although I feel like A Face In the Crowd wouldn't have much of a chance.

• Like 1

Sinclair Lewis is not my favorite author, but Elmer Gantry is one of my favorite characters. Haven't seen the movie, believe it or not.

A Face in the Crowd is a terrific film. I'd love to hear the discussion as an stand alone or vs. Ditto on the vs. Network comment above. With the state of current reality TV culture, and that it is not necessarily a well known classic, is AFitC a good candidate for a remake?