🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 430 - Man Veils

Orphan Black's Kristian Bruun returns to tell us about what happened on the previous season of the show (without any spoilers), why Canadian money looks so fake, and to play a game of "How Dumb Are You As A Canadian?". While Kristian and Scott continue their conversation, a little 8-year-old girl by the name of Beth charms her way onto the show on her power wheels. Later, community activist B.Q. stops by to speak on the very serious issue of getting rid of sunscreen.

Kristian was amazing. Well done rolling with this insanity.

And they have GOT to all these little kids and young teenagers that wander into the studio onto the same show.

Also, Jessica's listening skills are phenomenal.

• Like 2

Yeah I also really enjoyed Zeke on this one.

Scott poopooing on Canada and our questionable programming (Murdoch Mysteries) always cracks me up.

• Like 3

"I've started to come to the realization that listening to this show might be irritating"

-Skottmildur Ákmaður

Yes, but in the best way possible!

• Like 3

Oh man I cannot wait for this episode. Being my birthday and all, I might as well start listening to this now.

• Like 3

this was a very good episode of the podcast "scott aukerman's comedy bang bang"

all the best,

SteveH

• Like 2

neeeern neeern - neeeeeeeeern

• Like 3

The Keg is definitely the Murdoch Mysteries of steakhouses.

• Like 2

I love that Kristian has already settled into "friend of the show" status to the degree that Scott gets laughs out of openly antagonizing him.

Also loving all the great new characs lately.

• Like 6

really funny episode, from beginning to end

I love that Kristian has already settled into "friend of the show" status to the degree that Scott gets laughs out of openly antagonizing him.

Also loving all the great new characs lately.

totally! he fits in so well

and after two (hilarious) abortions recently when played with the Another Periopd crew and the Hollywood Handbook guys, it was delightful and hilarious to hear Would You Rather back and played so hilariously. They really made a good game out of what was not the greatest question. and good to hear Scott's scoring again

• Like 2

Oh man I cannot wait for this episode. Being my birthday and all, I might as well start listening to this now.

Happy birthday!

• Like 1

I'm always happy when an initially annoying character turns out funny.

Also, my parents watch the shit out of 'The Artful Detective'.

Edited by Bumpy
  • Like 1

The Keg is definitely the Murdoch Mysteries of steakhouses.

Gonna keep doing this because its fun for me and I know there's like 4 other Canadians on the boards:

Tim Hortons is like Kids in the Hall - ubiquitous, unapologetically Canadian, kinda cheap but always brings back good memories

Harvey's is like Relic Hunter - Some people swear it's good but I can't remember ever enjoying it

Smoke's Poutine is like Just For Laughs Gags - Novel at first but gets less enjoyable each time. Should've never left Quebec.

Hero Burger is like every new CBC show - Seemed like it was everywhere for a minute then suddenly vanished because nobody actually wanted it

Okay I'm done now not trying to pitch a Canadian version of Doughboys (or am I?). And btw buying Trix at Target, nearly impossible here (unless you take a time machine back to April 2015). Anyway this ep only really got good once the third guest arrived. Great round of What Would You Rather Do.

• Like 5

"You're like the opposite of Bob Dole!" HA!

• Like 2

and after two (hilarious) abortions recently when played with the Another Period crew and the Hollywood Handbook guys, it was delightful and hilarious to hear Would You Rather back and played so hilariously. They really made a good game out of what was not the greatest question. and good to hear Scott's scoring again

I especially loved Kristian's reaction when he asked if the floor was open. A classic WYR blunder!

• Like 3

Oh god please make Kristian a regular

That plugs theme was GOAT

I am making my way through the backlogs, and I recently listened to the episode where the plugs theme was just the beginning of the theme song from Friends on a loop. This one made me laugh almost as hard.

• Like 6

I am making my way through the backlogs, and I recently listened to the episode where the plugs theme was just the beginning of the theme song from Friends on a loop. This one made me laugh almost as hard.

Ah, yep. That one's golden as well. Started laughing just thinking about it :lol:

the episode where the plugs theme was just the beginning of the theme song from Friends on a loop.

which ep is this?