🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 67 - A Comic Book Shop (w/ Phil LaMarr, Craig Cackowski, Nyima Funk, Marc Evan Jackson)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes all celebrating Independence Day to this week’s episode of Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special guest is actor and man of a million voices Phil LaMarr! They chat about the last item he donated to charity, the story behind the Hamburglar, and shopping in the women's section of Goodwill for sketch costumes. Paul is then joined by Craig Cackowski, Nyima Funk, and Marc Evan Jackson to improvise a story set in a Comic Book Shop. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

The next live edition of Spontaneanation happens Saturday, August 6 at Largo at The Coronet! Join Paul & Eban as they welcome improvisors Dan Ahdoot, Tim Baltz and Tawny Newsome, and special interview guest Desmin Borges from You’re The Worst! Tickets are on sale now!

Was there a lost episode somewhere? I think this is the second time recently that PFT has been a week off on saying what the release date would be.

Samurai Jack!

also pretty sure Eban was playing the Indiana Jones theme at some point

• Like 1

Paul was correct Fred Flintstone was once a superhero

185280.jpg

• Like 5

I think the creator of Aidman, Harvey Lee, may have been a long lost cousin of Charles Dumpster

Was there a lost episode somewhere? I think this is the second time recently that PFT has been a week off on saying what the release date would be.

Well, what happened was, Earwolf had this plan to hold various podcast episodes back for a week for reasons that who cares. So for a few epiodes I was anticipating those episodes being released a week later than they were/will be. I believe things right themselves in a week or so.

There are no lost episodes.

• Like 12

also pretty sure Eban was playing the Indiana Jones theme at some point

He definitely did. I also caught the Spider-Man theme, so I'm guessing he was going with a super-hero motif for the comic book store, and maybe played the Indy theme instead of the (somewhat similar) Superman theme?

Anyway, great episode, and it felt like the improviser intro chats were even sillier and more fun than usual.

• Like 1

Eban was so goddamned good on this episode. The jaunty emerging-from-car-crash tune! Fanfare for Car Crash Survivor! Hitting the whoosh-plink every time! #SPONTMVP

• Like 6

Such a wonderful episode! Eban seemed to be enjoying himself more than usual, and there was what seems like a record amount of PFT laughter, and that makes me happy!

So glad for the return of MEJ after such a long time! It was nice to hear about his world travels, I was wondering why he's been gone from SPONT and Brooklyn 99 for so long. I'm glad the "ghost noise" didn't scare him away for good!

Paul's Bjork stories, Craig's diner story, Nyima's interruptions, Forrest Whittaker's lazy eye, the Greek chorus's talking in unison, it was all great!

• Like 6

There are no lost episodes.

Paul, if you're in trouble, let us know.

• Like 1

Such a great episode. That realization when Paul asked why "Forest" was looking at him when he said there was something on her chin. Pure bliss.

• Like 1

He definitely did. I also caught the Spider-Man theme, so I'm guessing he was going with a super-hero motif for the comic book store, and maybe played the Indy theme instead of the (somewhat similar) Superman theme?

Anyway, great episode, and it felt like the improviser intro chats were even sillier and more fun than usual.

The Superman theme is the first theme that shows up during the improv.

• Like 1

Such a fun episode! Nyima Funk is a great addition to the cast of Spontaneanation regulars and I hope she comes back for many more episodes.

• Like 2

The Superman theme is the first theme that shows up during the improv.

Oh, really? I wonder if there was something in the improv that would have related to Indy.

Oh, really? I wonder if there was something in the improv that would have related to Indy.

I'm listening to this episode again and, further deepening the mystery, Eban plays the Indiana Jones theme around 07:30, before the interview even happens!

(Also, Eban's version of "Jesus Loves Me" ends with "B-O-L-O-G-N-A" from the Oscar Meyer jingle.)

• Like 2

Eban was so goddamned good on this episode. The jaunty emerging-from-car-crash tune! Fanfare for Car Crash Survivor! Hitting the whoosh-plink every time! #SPONTMVP

Definately. Best first ten minutes / Opening "monologue" yet

Sign in to follow this