🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 139.5 - Minisode 139.5

Yeah, but Daruma and Tatsu-ya are the only good ones.

I haven't tried them but I've heard good things. I've only tried Michi Ramen, Ramen Fukuya and Jinya Ramen Bar. I like Jinya the best.

There was a previous Episode 139.5 minisode thread where the movie was Delgo right? I didn't dream it up?

• Like 1

THANKS EVERYONE FOR TUNING INTO THIS EPISODE OF TEXAS TALK W/ FISTER AND TAYLOR ANNE. WE HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS WEEK'S GUEST, AMY THE GORILLA.

sqM5pA.gif

• Like 3

Here's a little game for the forums. What are words or phrases that make you want to say "Fuuuuuck you!" when people use them because they are obviously only saying them because it makes that person feel like they are coming across as smart/deep.

For me, it's "extended metaphor." Which, I am sad and ashamed to admit, is a term I've used in my distant past.

For me, it's "magical realism," because I actually do love that genre but it INFURIATES me when people use it merely to justify their own incompetence or shit that doesn't make any fucking sense in a movie or book. Like that damn crab.

• Like 6

For me, it's "magical realism," because I actually do love that genre but it INFURIATES me when people use it merely to justify their own incompetence or shit that doesn't make any fucking sense in a movie or book. Like that damn crab.

I fucking cringed every time he said "magical realism." Dude, you're not fucking Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Fuck off with that. Just say you made a shitty movie.

• Like 5

Here's a little game for the forums. What are words or phrases that make you want to say "Fuuuuuck you!" when people use them because they are obviously only saying them because it makes that person feel like they are coming across as smart/deep.

For me, it's "extended metaphor." Which, I am sad and ashamed to admit, is a term I've used in my distant past.

I'm sure this comes as absolutely no surprise but any sentence that starts with, "Well, actually..." makes me want to go punch a child.

And I'm slowly starting to despise the word "nuance."

• Like 3

Damn! A voicemail stole my correction, guess I should get used to that.

I'm half way thru Mannequin 2: on the move and I'm honna post the notes I'm writing. I'm excited for this one.

• Like 1

Just finished my first ever watch of "Mannequin 2" (never saw "Mannequin"). Observations:

-Kristy Swanson looks A LOT like January Jones. A LOT

-The filmmakers stole from were inspired by "Splash" and "The Princess Bride"

-Meshach Taylor is funny in this movie, and it sucks he's gone

-I actually liked this movie :blush:

• Like 1

I'm sure this comes as absolutely no surprise but any sentence that starts with, "Well, actually..." makes me want to go punch a child.

Kinda like the joke: Where does a men's rights activist get his water? From a well, actually...

Oh yeah... Pulling out all the controversal jokes. cuz i don't give a fuuuuuuuk.

giphy.gif

I'm so sorry. I think I've had too much caffeine this morning.

• Like 3

I am sorry to be the one to tell you this, but I think you've placed too much work into that.

Ohh well.

see that is where you are so goddam wrong 'Dan Engle' that was time well spent and well researched. someone add that to Wikipedia.

rjmp78.jpg

picture from a christmas story, A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+

incase it gets taken down or breaks.

And sometimes the writer doesn't even have to write out "Well, actually" for the phrase to come through loud and clear.

The phrase reverse racism/reverse discrimination is especially noisome. Not only does a person use the phrase with an air of superiority, but the bogus phenomenon is always used to justify ignorant and/or racist viewpoints.

• Like 2

Exactly! Like, I think there are worse things to worry about than a hair style.

I think the people who complain about a guy wearing a top knot/ "man bun" are bigger assholes than the guy wearing it, who honestly doesn't care and is just wearing what he feels like.

Sorry Jerry.

Bun people got no reason to live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV-bAmwYpAk

Thank you, Cameron H If I have the time on the weekend I am going to record that song.

that little rant I had gone into was more of a rant at a person or persons who may live next door to me. who may drive a black stoner pickup truck and have tinted windows all the way around and may smoke drugs inside it and blast loud crap music at 2am in the morning....and wake me up, you know who you are!

• Like 2

for some reason i can't get that Randy Newman level of vocal range. i keep breaking my vocal cords.

and up going in that tom waits level of direction.

• Like 1

4iy6qc.jpg

For months now everytime I do a google image search of paul and see him in that shirt, I can't help but think it. That shirt is so spot on!!

it's kind of scary of how much he looks like him in that photo.

NOTE: all I added was the text and the hair, needless to point out but thats it.

Paul I think you could do this, I think you could pull this one off.

• Like 1

And sometimes the writer doesn't even have to write out "Well, actually" for the phrase to come through loud and clear.

And sometimes you don't even need to have any words at all

j6lVLXG.jpg

• Like 5

And sometimes you don't even need to have any words at all

j6lVLXG.jpg

I guess that's why they say a picture worth a thousand words.

or as pee wee herman once said. "why don't you take a picture it will last longer!"

I know this is the actor not the character but boy oh boy! is he just waiting that right photo moment.

2vtdun6.jpg <---case in point!

He's saying in that photo ,"go on girls, do it. you know you want too!"

I am all wet and ready, I just have to make a quick trip to sears to get this film developed.

and then i am all yours.

If anything you have to hand it to Paul Reubens for topping us all on the art of the selfie.

That art installation is called "The Selfie"

This week on chillin and grilling chef bobby flay would like to show you how you can cook Fish and Chips on the barbecue..

Only on the food channel!

2uiuogj.jpg

• Like 1

Just finished watching Mannequin 2...

This was pretty much my expression throughout:

Amazing-gif.gif?gs=a

I have to say, I've really been enjoying their picks lately! And I'm absolutely sure that Taylor Anne won't have anything to say about this movie...

• Like 3

This week on chillin and grilling chef bobby flay would like to show you how you can cook Fish and Chips on the barbecue..

Only on the food channel!

2uiuogj.jpg

I have no idea why this is making me laugh so hard.

• Like 1

I have to say, I've really been enjoying their picks lately! And I'm absolutely sure that Taylor Anne won't have anything to say about this movie...

You know what I might not... Cause I have never seen Mannequin and I don't know if I want to "find ways" to watch both of them tonight.

• Like 5

You know what I might not... Cause I have never seen Mannequin and I don't know if I want to "find ways" to watch both of them tonight.

I've never seen the first one either, but I know it has nothing to do with this movie.

Also, I believe Paul said it would be a day late...? Which I hope means it will come out Monday and not Saturday. Weekends are just no good for me when it comes to podcasts. I have a lot more time to enjoy them when I'm working :P

• Like 3

Goddamn doublepost!!!

This is what I get for trying to post something using my phone....

Anyway...instead of cluttering the forum with redundant posts, please enjoy a gif of Jason acting like a real card.

4bca3464067b3d717ca1bd13b2e264c3.gif

• Like 3

I haven't watched the original "Mannequin" in many many maaaaaaaaaaaaany years, so I don't remember a whole lot, but one thing that happened in the original was the main character and Meshach Taylor were being shot at and were like "Get down!" and the were trying to warn other people screaming "Get down!" and a sassy woman turned to them, snapped her finger and said something like "Alright! Get down honey!" and walked away.

That memory likes to pop into my head at random moments throughout my life. I don't relly know why.

• Like 2

By the way, my wife's quiz was waaaaaaaay off.

My WIFE.

• Like 2

I rented Mannequin 2 on iTunes and got half way through (taken notes and all), passed out and woke up to an emergency that apparently needed my attention longer enough the rental expired...

Now I'm debating if I wanna spend another $4 on this heap just to see the last 45mins. And I just spent money on LEONARD PART 6 the other day, and Mannequin 2 is way better than that!

O! The Dilemma!

Screw it! How can I resist?

You'll read this a lot from me in the episodes thread, but I love Kristy Swanson.

By the way, I know this isn't the bad recommendation thread but... If Patrick Bateman ever made a comedy film, it would be LEONARD PART 6. It blew my fucking mind.

Unfortunately, events out here took my attention for the night.

I'll attempt to watch it tomorrow, but this week isn't looking to be in my favor.