🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 139.5 - Minisode 139.5

If the full episode doesn't come out on Friday, anyone with a Howl subscription should check out Eugene Cordero's relationship series You Know Me. Episode 5 features both Paul and June, and digs deeper into "special bunny", June's distrust of technology, and other HDTGM hits.

This probably goes without saying, but Paul was also great on this week's episode of Doughboys.

• Like 5

Do you know something we don't, Dan? :[

Paul said it would be a day late on the mini-episode.

I rented Mannequin 2 on iTunes and got half way through (taken notes and all), passed out and woke up to an emergency that apparently needed my attention longer enough the rental expired...

Now I'm debating if I wanna spend another $4 on this heap just to see the last 45mins. And I just spent money on LEONARD PART 6 the other day, and Mannequin 2 is way better than that!

O! The Dilemma!

Screw it! How can I resist?

You'll read this a lot from me in the episodes thread, but I love Kristy Swanson.

By the way, I know this isn't the bad recommendation thread but... If Patrick Bateman ever made a comedy film, it would be LEONARD PART 6. It blew my fucking mind.

How dare you. Leonard Part 6 was one of my favorite movies growing up. It also gives me lobster cravings. Sometimes, this forum makes me think that the child-me had awful taste in movies. Howard the Duck, Batteries Not Included, Walk Like a Man, Gung Ho, Short Circuit, Little Monsters, Dutch... But I recently re-watched Vice Versa on Amazon and I still liked it A LOT.

• Like 3

Just finished watching Mannequin 2...

This was pretty much my expression throughout:

Amazing-gif.gif?gs=a

I have to say, I've really been enjoying their picks lately! And I'm absolutely sure that Taylor Anne won't have anything to say about this movie...

My expression throughout:

tumblr_inline_ndeoxhLfER1smwmll.gif

• Like 2

How dare you. Leonard Part 6 was one of my favorite movies growing up. It also gives me lobster cravings. Sometimes, this forum makes me think that the child-me had awful taste in movies. Howard the Duck, Batteries Not Included, Walk Like a Man, Gung Ho, Short Circuit, Little Monsters, Dutch... But I recently re-watched Vice Versa on Amazon and I still liked it A LOT.

I don't wanna hurt the kid in you, but LEONARD PART 6 is the singular, manic, coked out vision of a sociopathic rapist.

And also not that funny.

I had never seen it, but viewing it now as an adult, I felt like I had watched an entire season of CRIMINAL MINDS in an hour and a half (something i'm forced to do a lot cause my roommate loves to binge that terribly dark & depressing show). I felt like Brad Pitt trying to read every one of John Does journals from SEVEN in one night. It's a downward spiral into the mind of an insane celebrity, and it's just as disturbing as you'd think knowing what we know now about Cosby.

Maybe I'm thinking this way cause when I was watching I was in... a certain state of mind.... let's just say... it was a trip.

• Like 3

Couple notes on Mannequin: On the Move (note: not actually named Mannequin 2)

• I could have sworn that Jonathan Silverman starred in this movie.
  • It's hard to believe this movie came out in the '90s. It feels like such an '80s flick (though 1991 isn't so removed.)
  • In casting Gayle, I guess they looked at Carole Davis in the first film and said "Get us another one of those"
  • Those three henchmen...boy oh boy

• Like 1

So, no explanation as to why this European peasant girl from the middle ages speaks and understands English?

This movie came out in 1991, but the poster on Jason's door has a 1988 football schedule. Did this movie sit on the shelf for years?

• I could have sworn that Jonathan Silverman starred in this movie.

That was my memory too. Maybe it was because Andrew McCarthy was in the first one...

Wait a minute! Andrew McCarthy was in the first Mannequin. The guy in this one kind of resembles Jonathan Silverman. It's a bad sequel to a classic 80's movie made in the 90's. Holy Shit! Does that mean we might get Weekend at Bernie's 2 in the near future? If so, I am ON BOARD! Hell, I might just watch it for the heck of it...

weekend-at-bernies-ii-large.jpg

• Like 2

That was my memory too. Maybe it was because Andrew McCarthy was in the first one...

Wait a minute! Andrew McCarthy was in the first Mannequin. The guy in this one kind of resembles Jonathan Silverman. It's a bad sequel to a classic 80's movie made in the 90's. Holy Shit! Does that mean we might get Weekend at Bernie's 2 in the near future? If so, I am ON BOARD! Hell, I might just watch it for the heck of it...

weekend-at-bernies-ii-large.jpg

And Terry Kiser plays the Count!

• Like 1

Jessie and her magically changing hairstyle...

So, what crime are they arresting Jason for?

So...Jason's mom gave tapes to this woman who showed up and went into his room, but when the mannequin is found, the mom doesn't question what happened to the woman?

• Like 1

What exactly was the scene with the garbage women supposed to be about?

(I also think you can see one of them later in the big climactic scene.)

Okay so I've only watched the prologue/cold open so far and WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPPENNNIIIINNNNGGGGG

Shout out to the woman who used the "Jewish mother" voice in a scene where everyone else is doing their best medieval voice...

• Like 1

and i saw the shadow in a shop last month for 2 euro!!! i should have bought it .. but the phantom is on netflix!!!! yeahhhh

this should be fun

Cm3BKRDVIAE4sMG.jpg

i was in the same shop today, its a second hand entertainment shop (dvd, bluray, games etc) and i got spice world for 10 cents .. but with the embarrassment if felt like alot more ... dude behind the counter gave me one of those looks .. i gave him the "it's for my daughter ok!!!" look ..

i dont have any kids

it does bring my HDTGM dvd count up to 74 though, the collection is coming along nicely

• Like 5

and i saw the shadow in a shop last month for 2 euro!!! i should have bought it .. but the phantom is on netflix!!!! yeahhhh

this should be fun

Cm3BKRDVIAE4sMG.jpg

i was in the same shop today, its a second hand entertainment shop (dvd, bluray, games etc) and i got spice world for 10 cents .. but with the embarrassment if felt like alot more ... dude behind the counter gave me one of those looks .. i gave him the "it's for my daughter ok!!!" look ..

i dont have any kids

it does bring my HDTGM dvd count up to 74 though, the collection is coming along nicely

Something like this happened to me with last week'd movie. I have s huge bag of dvd's a female friend wanted me to try and sell years ago, but no store wanted them even then, she never asked for them back, so I put the bag in storage.

The moment I heard what the movie was I thought "maybe it's in their?", and after sifting through 40something movies, including the near entire series of Gilmore girls box sets (No S7 it seems) with 5 dvd's left, there was SIMPLY IRRESISTABLE.

THE PHANTOM?! I'm digging this Kristy Swanson run they got going.

• Like 1

The moment I heard what the movie was I thought "maybe it's in their?", and after sifting through 40something movies, including the near entire series of Gilmore girls box sets (No S7 it seems) with 5 dvd's left, there was SIMPLY IRRESISTABLE

I'm almost certain the lack of Gilmore Girls S7 was purposeful.

Gillies know what I'm talkin bout.

• Like 1

I just finished watching the movie. I remember renting it with my brother when we were kids. We both really liked Mannequin and then hated Mannequin 2. Hadn't see it since.

But I've got to tell you, I really enjoyed this movie! Yeah, it's dumb, but I was honestly charmed by it. I thought Kristy Swanson brought the right sweet naivete to it. I thought the hero was likable enough, Hollywood was amusing, the Count was sometimes genuinely funny, and those three goons are so ridiculous you almost have to like them!

There's plenty to talk about here and I can't wait to hear what June has to say about Swanson's hair, but I really thought this was a hoot and I'd put it with Bloodsport as a movie I actually enjoyed.

• Like 2

Just finished watching Mannequin 2...

This was pretty much my expression throughout:

Amazing-gif.gif?gs=a

I have to say, I've really been enjoying their picks lately! And I'm absolutely sure that Taylor Anne won't have anything to say about this movie...

spot on me, but i didn't make it all the way to the end so I have to re-watch some parts.

I have no idea why this is making me laugh so hard.

the episode I watched with him cooking bacon on the barbecue was the inspiration. it was almost that level of entertainment. who knew you could just throw that bacon the barbecue and it would just light up the town! I'll never forget that episode as long as i live. and he had that same look on his face Like I'm not cleaning this shit up!!

at that moment I was thinking you got to be kidding me. that would be like a good day of hands and gloves and soap and water. I have no idea how you would clean up such a mess but i'll bet you nether does Bobby Flay.

• Like 1

I just finished my back to back Mannequin marathon

and I have to say... *June voice* I loved the second one...

• Like 5