🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 139.5 - Minisode 139.5

gotta say .. i did not hate it ... the rotten tomatoes score is way too harsh. i'm no fan of this genre but the 90 mins went by pretty fast. doubt i'll have any C/O though .. it is what it is if you know what i mean ... i hope june is there again this week.

and how cool would it be if they got Kristy Swanson on the show as a guest. she is on twitter so maybe someone reached out ..

• Like 1

I really wish they could of just waited for Mannequin 3

xfyxza.jpg

here is a scene from that

I love the 1:50 min mark.. send me an angel!

Seriously I'm kinda wondering why we aren't doing the first one... This shit is all cray.

WHAT ARE THE RULES OF THIS MAGIC? WAS SHE A MANNEQUIN WHEN SHE WAS WITH CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS???

• Like 3

Honestly both are incredibly watchable. The second one does stand out as being a little crazier with its inclusion of Spretzel. Also Andrew Mccarthy is far less charismatic than the dude in the second one.

Mesach Taylor is fucking amazing in both.

• Like 4

Honestly both are incredibly watchable. The second one does stand out as being a little crazier with its inclusion of Spretzel. Also Andrew Mccarthy is far less charismatic than the dude in the second one.

Mesach Taylor is fucking amazing in both.

The second one is so campy it's practically Pee Wee Herman-ish. Both Mannequin films are surprisingly fun, and I can't wait to hear the Slashfilm piece! I'll be surprised if Jason, June, and Paul don't all heartily endorse this one.

Yesss on Mesach! Worth watching for him alone, he deserved a spinoff.

tumblr_n7xk00nfxe1rygoago1_500.gif

• Like 3

I just finished watching the movie. I remember renting it with my brother when we were kids. We both really liked Mannequin and then hated Mannequin 2. Hadn't see it since.

But I've got to tell you, I really enjoyed this movie! Yeah, it's dumb, but I was honestly charmed by it. I thought Kristy Swanson brought the right sweet naivete to it. I thought the hero was likable enough, Hollywood was amusing, the Count was sometimes genuinely funny, and those three goons are so ridiculous you almost have to like them!

This straight up sounds like a 5 Star Second Opinion. So many twists and turns, it's great if you imagine Paul reading it. You'll know where to put the proper inflections.

• Like 1

I rented this a 2nd time, was stopped a 2nd time with 30mins left, now I'm back with 11 hours left on my rental, and now it says there's an error loading the content.

I am not gonna rent this again, damn it.

Edit: Seems my roommate screwed up the modem. Download's working, had me worried though. The whole thing was terribly humiliating to wake up and explain to him about cause the house modem is in his room.

I am really looking forward to watching this one. Mannequin 2 and Caddyshack 2 played over and over on MITV (Maritime Television, now Global TV) so being a kid with no taste, I watched both many times. This is the first one in a while where I need to watch the movie and comment on these boards. Looking forward to the nostalgia rush.

• Like 1

Awesome! Paul's going to be on Chris Jericho's podcast on Tuesday. So, I'm sure they'll talk about some bad movies (Jericho was in Sharknado 3).

Just listern to the mini and really happy I got my fiorst corrention read out especially as I don't have netflicks so can't watch these films.

• Like 1

and i saw the shadow in a shop last month for 2 euro!!! i should have bought it .. but the phantom is on netflix!!!! yeahhhh

this should be fun

Cm3BKRDVIAE4sMG.jpg

Up on til I looked it up in IMDB i thought that was Paul scheer in that Phantom poster.

• Like 1

and i saw the shadow in a shop last month for 2 euro!!! i should have bought it .. but the phantom is on netflix!!!! yeahhhh

this should be fun

Cm3BKRDVIAE4sMG.jpg

i was in the same shop today, its a second hand entertainment shop (dvd, bluray, games etc) and i got spice world for 10 cents .. but with the embarrassment if felt like alot more ... dude behind the counter gave me one of those looks .. i gave him the "it's for my daughter ok!!!" look ..

i dont have any kids

it does bring my HDTGM dvd count up to 74 though, the collection is coming along nicely

Billy Zane just looks so sad in this poster. I almost wish time travel was available so I can go back in time and tell him, "Hey, look, it does get better... you get to shag Kelly Brook! Granted, you do steal her off Jason Statham who was supposed to be your friend, but look!"

kelly-brook-for-new-look-lingerie-2014.jpeg

That would cheer him up a little, I'd think.

Edited by Dan Engler
Added spoiler tags to arguably NSFW photo

I think we need to force Paul to take this test.

Actually I think we should all take it. It got me down exactly as North Texas. Fuckin' test.

I took it, I'm apparently a New Yorker.

I had my doubts that it would be able to place me due to the fact I'm the son of two Canadians (I'm still one by birth) and having moved around so much as a kid, but it nailed me pretty well in the South to Central Florida area. I don't live there anymore, but it is the place I spent the most time growing up. I will say though, if you take all the other questions out, I'm pretty sure they could peg someone pretty easily with the "mountain lion, cougar, puma" question.

Yeah, I got Fort Worth, Irving, and Arlington for the three most similar cities.

I know this is an old thread, but I was reading through, saw the link and decided that I had to take this test.

I'm an Aussie, so I thought it would be funny to see where it would place me, apparently I'm somewhere between Yonkers, Jersey City and New York City.

Although to be honest, I had to answer "I don't have a word for this" or "I don't know what this is" for a lot of things. Some of the answers for "what do you call it when it's raining and the sun is shining" really had me scratching my head! We call it a sunshower down here.

• Like 2