🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
t8brady

Charlie's Angels

I'm surprised these films have never come up. They definitely fit the HDTGM criteria, both are ridiculous, mega budget shit fests. Basically every scene is either a worn out action movie scenario, or an excuse to get the skanky stars into scant clothing. This garbage is as cliched as it gets, not to mention, every attempt at "humor" falls completely flat. Seriously, how many times can you laugh at a Cameron Diaz prat fall? And, my god, what the fuck is with all the random dance numbers, It's like they didn't know what kind of movie they wanted to make. This piece of shit is long overdue for some ridicule.

Certainly fits the bill for bad time / big budget.. I personally detest Diaz as an 'actress' and was forced to watch the first one under protest.. and my mind remains the same.

I'm sorry about that Mark, we need to bring awareness to the suffering these movies have caused. Plus it would be epic to hear Jason tear these films apart, they have to be featured in an episode.

This movie must be done on the show!

Between the (sub-par) all-star cast and the ridiculous one-liners, it is abundantly clear that NOBODY cared if this movie was well executed.... excuse me... this HIT movie was well executed. Keeping this post brief, but I hope the guys take the bait.

I think this should be done with Charlie's Angels 2 following immediately afterwards. The gang could spend an entire podcast dissecting Demi Moore's performance alone.

• Like 1

You look at the cast it should of been a better movie then what it was. other then Tom Green who clearly was in this film because of Drew Barrymore. Crispin Glover I mean how does it not get better then that. I am not sure if this film is bat shit crazy but it's sure is stupid. to me this film is made in a lets make fun of Charlie's Angels ha ha sorta way. it doesn't take it's self seriously at all. Not for one moment. so it's hard to make fun of a film that is making fun of it's self.

Not gonna lie; I actually enjoyed Charlie's Angels. Stupid? Sure. But at least it was fun.

Now Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle... now THAT'S HDTGM fodder. Takes the stupid fun and lops off the fun part.

Now Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle... now THAT'S HDTGM fodder. Takes the stupid fun and lops off the fun part.

It's the kind of movie where they're constantly running away from fireballs or exploding vehicles or something. I fully expected to see a 10-speed or a kayak go up in a mushroom cloud at some point.

Also, there was some super lazy wire work, like sometimes the person would start to levitate BEFORE they made the jumping motion or whatever. I barely remember the first film, but that second one is dogshit.

It's the kind of movie where they're constantly running away from fireballs or exploding vehicles or something. I fully expected to see a 10-speed or a kayak go up in a mushroom cloud at some point.

Also, there was some super lazy wire work, like sometimes the person would start to levitate BEFORE they made the jumping motion or whatever. I barely remember the first film, but that second one is dogshit.

Demi Moore also jumps off a building and basically flies with the aid of a tiny cape. Truly great.

Demi Moore also jumps off a building and basically flies with the aid of a tiny cape. Truly great.

The scene I was thinking of in particular, if I remember correctly, was where one of them is tied up in a chair, and they leap up with the chair and break out of it or kick someone's ass while tied up or something, but nothing seems to "move" if that makes any sense. I mean, things appear to move, but there doesn't look like there's motion behind the movements. It's just posing and it's fucking lazy. But yeah, Demi Moore seems to be in a cartoon.

• Like 1

My WTF scene... sorry. One of my BIGGEST WTF scenes was the dirt bike jump from one to the other in mid-air.

Even the part of my brain that indulges suspension of disbelief went, "THAT'S THE STUPIDEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN! AND YOU MADE ME WATCH DRIVE ANGRY TWICE!"

I owe my brain an apology. And a nice relaxing drunk.

The scene I was thinking of in particular, if I remember correctly, was where one of them is tied up in a chair, and they leap up with the chair and break out of it or kick someone's ass while tied up or something, but nothing seems to "move" if that makes any sense. I mean, things appear to move, but there doesn't look like there's motion behind the movements. It's just posing and it's fucking lazy. But yeah, Demi Moore seems to be in a cartoon.

I think that's the opening scene. Drew Barrymore has her hands tied around the back of the chair and yet somehow manages to run/walk/jump/fly in order to beat up like, 50 guys.

I think that's the opening scene. Drew Barrymore has her hands tied around the back of the chair and yet somehow manages to run/walk/jump/fly in order to beat up like, 50 guys.

I just remembered too that the second one came out in the wake of "Crouching Tiger", which had the crazy wire work, but used it in more of a fantasy setting, so they could get away with looking like they were flying and standing on treetops and stuff. When you apply the same technique to a "real world" setting, even one as stupid as the Charlie's Angels universe, it just looks terribly gimmicky.

I just remembered too that the second one came out in the wake of "Crouching Tiger", which had the crazy wire work, but used it in more of a fantasy setting, so they could get away with looking like they were flying and standing on treetops and stuff. When you apply the same technique to a "real world" setting, even one as stupid as the Charlie's Angels universe, it just looks terribly gimmicky.

AKA the "bullet time" effect.

Stuff like that reminds me of how in flash (the program) you can easily make an object just float from one area to another, but when that's applied to people/animals it just feels off.

Sign in to follow this