🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 140.5 - Minisode 140.5

Nooo, I don't want women to be discouraged from being ghostbusters. The question popped into my mind from struggling with romper issues over the weekend.

• Like 4

Nooo, I don't want women to be discouraged from being ghostbusters. The question popped into my mind from struggling with romper issues over the weekend.

I've never fully understood rompers. I think rompers are the rosés of clothing. Why wear one item but give the illusion of two with the same pattern? If you want to give yourself a defined waist, wear a dress and a belt or simply wear separates.

Full disclosure: I don't care for rosé wine. Red or white, just pick one

• Like 4

I think this is gonna have to be one of those "pee before you leave" times. Cause honestly who has time in the middle of bustin' ghosts to take a leak anyway?

Just go and worry about it later.

• Like 1

Full disclosure: I don't care for rosé wine. Red or white, just pick one

How 'bout now?

CaliforniaRose.jpg

• Like 4

How 'bout now?

CaliforniaRose.jpg

The only rosé I will try in the future must whisper to me...angelically.

• Like 3

EllenM, did you catch June's comment how someone Jessie's age shouldn't have hair that long in the Mannequin ep? And then Casey said she went to the Ghostbusters premier with June and Paul. If I could wedge PFT in there somehow, I'd be so happy.

• Like 4

I think this is gonna have to be one of those "pee before you leave" times. Cause honestly who has time in the middle of bustin' ghosts to take a leak anyway?

If it's really an emergency, just antagonize a ghost into sliming you and then let fly. It's like peeing in the ocean; no one will know the difference.

• Like 1

Can we talk about this:

r4MXsmEl.jpg

I had to look up IMDB because I thought maybe a different person played Cranston while he was The Shadow, but nope -- it's Baldwin with a prosthesis. Was the point of the crazy nose to hide his identity? Because isn't that what the mask, cape, and hat were for? I don't get it.

• Like 1

Can we talk about this:

r4MXsmEl.jpg

I had to look up IMDB because I thought maybe a different person played Cranston while he was The Shadow, but nope -- it's Baldwin with a prosthesis. Was the point of the crazy nose to hide his identity? Because isn't that what the mask, cape, and hat were for? I don't get it.

I legit thought they had another Baldwin playing the Shadow, because he looked heavier along with a different nose and darker eyebrows.

The prosthesis and makeup make him look like Billy Baldwin, its mainly those big eyebrows. His jawline makeup looks like it was borrowed from Al Pacino's costume from Dick Tracy.

I like that aspect of his secret identity, actually; that he actively takes the guise of another physical person in costume. It's part of the persona of the Shadow and goes with his psychic abilities of hypnotism and mind-reading. That way he can appear as Lamont to Sab Shimono and his other agents out of costume without worrying about being recognized. You know, when fighting evil, he physically changes (or at least projects the image of physical change to observers), which is not uncommon in comic book vigilantes.

• Like 2

I have not been able to watch The Shadow yet, but putting on that costume seems very very elaborate to me. I mean, if there is a crime going down does he have to take an hour or so to put on his disguise before going out to investigate? Plus, isn't the movie set in the 1930s?

do-it-o.gif

(and this was making fun of professional wig technology in the 70s)

• Like 1

I have not been able to watch The Shadow yet, but putting on that costume seems very very elaborate to me. I mean, if there is a crime going down does he have to take an hour or so to put on his disguise before going out to investigate? Plus, isn't the movie set in the 1930s?

(and this was making fun of professional wig technology in the 70s)

And how does he go to the bathroom?!?

875.gif

• Like 3

Only The Shadow knows.

• Like 2

Jesus, Cameron I just saw your Mannequin quote and I don't remember that AT ALL! How could I have missed such a spectacular use of the English language!?

(Personally I lost it when Spretzle said "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee have met before someplace what maybe no yes?")

• Like 1

Jesus, Cameron I just saw your Mannequin quote and I don't remember that AT ALL! How could I have missed such a spectacular use of the English language!?

(Personally I lost it when Spretzle said "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee have met before someplace what maybe no yes?")

Ha! Yeah, I had to go back and check that I was hearing him correctly. Like, I wrote it down when he said it, but then when I looked at it later I was like, "That can't be right, can it?" He says it right after he gets off the phone with the Queen. There were A LOT of quotes in that movie, I honestly had trouble choosing. The Shadow has a lot too, but I think I'm settled. I just have to go back to that scene since the quote is quite long, but I think it made me laugh the hardest--which are usually the ones I pull. It's funny though, when I originally started putting quotes from the movies on my posts, I wanted them to be, like, the most boring quotes you could pull. It just made me laugh to think of elevating the most innocuous lines into something profound. Oh well...

• Like 1

And is this the first Baldwin movie for HDTGM? I really hope that it's not the last and each Baldwin gets a turn on HDTGM.

Edit: Nope, Alec was in Pluto Nash. But I still hope that each brother gets a movie.

Edit 2: And how could I forget Fair Game? Well, I guess it was easy to forget. Ok, let's get Stephen and Daniel represented.

• Like 2

Isn't his costume basically a coat, hat, and scarf? Doesn't seem too hard. Carmen Sandiego does it all the time.

I don't think Lamont uses a prosthetic nose. He makes himself appear that way to others using his powers like Quasar said.

Why are Lamont's fingernails so fucked up in the opening? Is that a side effect of opium abuse? Thank goodness there were no close-ups of his toes.

The scrolling text in the beginning says there's only one thing he can never hide - his Shadow. Can't he just duck into a shaded spot?

• Like 1

Fair point, like i said I have yet to see it so I took the "person in costume" comment to include prosthesis. But now it just makes Superman look super lazy.

• Like 3

But now it just makes Superman look super lazy.

Get to work you bum!!!!

Superman-getting-drunk-GIF.gif

• Like 3

Ok, I'll get back to the work of deciding which Daniel and Stephen Baldwin movies should be done on HDTGM.

Daniel is in Harley Davidson & The Marlboro Man and Vampires, which are both excellent picks.

Stephen just has so many bad movies as of late (some of them don't appear to be overtly religious, but it's hard to tell) and without having seen any of them I can't really tell if they're fun bad or boring bad. There is one called 20147 Sights of Death that sounds really bad and I am a sucker for a dystopia so I may have to watch that.

• Like 1

EllenM, did you catch June's comment how someone Jessie's age shouldn't have hair that long in the Mannequin ep? And then Casey said she went to the Ghostbusters premier with June and Paul. If I could wedge PFT in there somehow, I'd be so happy.

Yes! I have an opposite view in that I don't believe women should cut their hair shorter as they get older. I think it is a slippery slope to getting "old lady hair". It's a legitimate fear I have.

• Like 4

Yes! I have an opposite view in that I don't believe women should cut their hair shorter as they get older. I think it is a slippery slope to getting "old lady hair". It's a legitimate fear I have.

#firstworldmillproblems

• Like 1

Best 'The Shadow' review I saw on an illegal streaming sight: "I never realized New York was filled with so much evil and gangsters and people with super powers in the 1930's. Thank goodness we live in the year 2016 where people don't automatically assume that a movie based on a comic based on a radio show is real life and go crazy over emphasized story telling. Still based on this movie alone, and not anyone from New York actually getting fucking pissed off at fictional movie story, I should avoid this land of evil." Love your show! Much Love from Tennessee!!

Damn I tried finding a gif of Baldwin changing into the Shadow while Peter Boyle watches him from the rearview mirror, and I was surprised at the dearth of gifs for this movie. Mostly I got gifs for What We Do In The Shadows and the Dark Shadows movie, I had to enter the movie year to further limit it and the ones available weren't very good.