🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 140.5 - Minisode 140.5

I checked imdb, he's not, sadly.

I should also note that the other Chinese actor in Rogue One is Jiang Wen. He's a Big Deal actor in China. No doubt the casting of a Chinese actor and a Hong Kong actor is to broaden the movie's appeal in Chinese-speaking markets (Shanghai Disney Resort had recently opened and there's a Disneyland in Hong Kong), but it's still a score for diversity that Chinese actors are appearing for the first time in a Star Wars movie.

Mission Impossible Ghost protocol tried the same bullshit by casting walking Ham Anil Kapoor to capture the Indian audiences. They are outsourcing audiences now.

Also the best line in the shadow:

Lamont: Lets get Peking duck

Margo Lane: Thats so hot!

Out of all the performances in the movie? I'd probably agree. However, on one point in which I think I'm in the minority, I wasn't thrilled by Affleck's Batman. Which isn't to say I loved Bale (I'm not a huge fan of his movies either), I just feel like I haven't seen "my" Batman yet--closest would be The Animated Series Batman.

If I'm honest though, I did like Ben Affleck's performance. I never liked Man of Steel so I'm just happy to have an acting performance to get behind.

I digress but speaking who is our definitive "actor" in a role, I am 100% sick and fucking tired of Jared Leto as Joker and the damn movie hasn't even come out yet. He keeps going on and on about how the role is bringing darkness into his head and in order to channel that he leaves used condoms around set and harasses his coworkers when they're not even filming? That's some shit to the bull right there. Heath Ledger didn't harass anyone on set and even though he was "method" acting he was still reportedly the nicest guy around and would hang out with everyone without acting like a complete tool. Not to mention that Mark Hamill has been the Joker for 20 years now and hasn't let any kind of darkness effect anything in life at all.

tl;dr but basically fuck Jared Leto he will never be my Joker. /rant over

giphy.gif

I've been saying this for-fucking-ever!

There's a photo of the two of them in costume where Heath/Joker jumped over Bale/Batman on a skateboard in costume. That's the reality of that man. Still could ollie over the Dark Knight. Also to speak more to Ledger's method, on set that really extended to filming some stuff on his own guerrilla style. The videos that "The Joker" made, where he has the faux-Batman hostage, Chris Nolan let Heath do that himself. That's the kind of trust he had in Heath as an actor. Sure he could have just gone along with it and be all "If it's not good, I'll just re-do it" but I don't think that's who Chris Nolan is.

Viola Davis wasn't putting up with that nonsense, she told him as much too. You don't fuck with Annalise Keating

giphy.gif

Again TL;DR essentially I agree with everything Taylor Anne says. I miss Heath Ledger and fuck you Jared Leto"

• Like 4

giphy.gif

I forgot that Robert Baratheon and VISION were in that movie.

• Like 4

I forgot that Robert Baratheon and VISION were in that movie.

Shit I didn't make the connection that that is Robert Baratheon.

To your second, it's partially because of my son (who's four) and wasn't the greatest (but not terrible) the one time we've taken him to the movies; partially because my wife is currently pregnant; and partially because I don't mind waiting. I find that it's cheaper just to buy a movie, even if I don't really like it, than going to the theater. I mean, I guess we could get a sitter, but it's just not worth it to either my wife or myself. And honestly, I like hanging out with my kid.

The only exception to all of this would be if it's like a really big deal movie (e.g. Star Wars), which we'd do our best to go see while it's out. And the only exception to the "just buy it" rule would be if I'm relatively sure I'm not going to like it, but want to see what the fuss is about, or if by watching it, it's something that might ruin my son's perception of his two favorite superheroes (see: Batman v Superman)

Hey Cam, thanks for entertaining my nosy questions. It hasn't occurred to me before, that if you have more than one person you might as well just buy the movie.

You sound like a great dad!

• Like 2

Is anyone else distressed by the EVERYTHING MUST GO emails American Apparel keeps sending? I'm made very uncomfortable by the thought of those mannequins with pubic hair that were discussed in this minisode going to small-time boutiques across the country that aren't expecting the store furnishings they think they're buying to turn out to be pervert dolls.

On the other hand, I wonder if AA could have saved some money by not commissioning mannequins with pubes, and if so, could they have avoided bankruptcy and liquidation?