#141 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:26 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 21 July 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

I genuinely didn't understand what the big deal about that really was... Maybe I'm just a horrible human being but legit he was saying to the world that these people were horrible and were caught by the Bat and what happens after that is on the people who act on those things. I don't believe this is the same as Superman running into a village full of innocent civilians or having buildings fall on top of thousands of people in Metropolis...

Yeah, that was one of things I heard about before seeing the movie, and thought I'd have a bigger problem with than I did. I believe they said the guy was a sex trafficker or something, and I was like, "Oh, yeah! Fuck that guy!" I don't think he was branding, like, jaywalkers or anything.

Now something that was somehow worse than imagined was the whole "Martha" thing. That blew my fucking mind!

View PostEllenM, on 21 July 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

Honestly, Alfred was my favourite performance. I want more sassy Jeremy Irons in my life.

Out of all the performances in the movie? I'd probably agree. However, on one point in which I think I'm in the minority, I wasn't thrilled by Affleck's Batman. Which isn't to say I loved Bale (I'm not a huge fan of his movies either), I just feel like I haven't seen "my" Batman yet--closest would be The Animated Series Batman.

Also, and I was surprised by this, I am less confident about the Wonder Woman movie after watching this than before. Gadot was fine, but I'm really on the fence now. It could really go either way I think...
Walker: Hey, I know all the good words.

Timecop (1994)

Gaston: It was a bore!

Gigi (1958)

#142 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:39 AM

OH! And before I have to get back to work. I LOVED Batman's super dramatic email to Wonder Woman and how she would scroll the page perfectly to emphasize his point.

I have something of yours.

[Double space] *scroll, scroll*

It's not someone that looks like you...

[double space] *scroll, scroll*

It IS you!

[double space] *scroll, scroll*

Who ARE you?

This was around midnight in my house last night, everyone else was fast asleep, and I laughed out loud. Hard.

Timecop (1994)

Gigi (1958)

#143 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:54 AM

View PostCameron H., on 21 July 2016 - 09:26 AM, said:

Also, and I was surprised by this, I am less confident about the Wonder Woman movie after watching this than before. Gadot was fine, but I'm really on the fence now. It could really go either way I think...

Let's give Patty Jenkins a chance.

#144 taylor anne photo

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:01 AM

Out of all the performances in the movie? I'd probably agree. However, on one point in which I think I'm in the minority, I wasn't thrilled by Affleck's Batman. Which isn't to say I loved Bale (I'm not a huge fan of his movies either), I just feel like I haven't seen "my" Batman yet--closest would be The Animated Series Batman.

I believe Kevin Conroy is the definitive Batman. I loved The Dark Knight trilogy and I really enjoyed Batffleck but I have to agree that none of them are my batman. At least not like Conroy.

And while I understand why this movie could blow Wonder Woman for us, I still really have hope for it. Mostly since Zack Snyder doesn't actually have a hand in the writing or the directing, and sweet babies it's finally be given to a female director. Then again it's DC and their history leads me to be more of a realist and say it'll probably be shit too.

I digress but speaking who is our definitive "actor" in a role, I am 100% sick and fucking tired of Jared Leto as Joker and the damn movie hasn't even come out yet. He keeps going on and on about how the role is bringing darkness into his head and in order to channel that he leaves used condoms around set and harasses his coworkers when they're not even filming? That's some shit to the bull right there. Heath Ledger didn't harass anyone on set and even though he was "method" acting he was still reportedly the nicest guy around and would hang out with everyone without acting like a complete tool. Not to mention that Mark Hamill has been the Joker for 20 years now and hasn't let any kind of darkness effect anything in life at all.

tl;dr but basically fuck Jared Leto he will never be my Joker. /rant over
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#145 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:05 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 21 July 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

I believe Kevin Conroy is the definitive Batman. I loved The Dark Knight trilogy and I really enjoyed Batffleck but I have to agree that none of them are my batman. At least not like Conroy.

And while I understand why this movie could blow Wonder Woman for us, I still really have hope for it. Mostly since Zack Snyder doesn't actually have a hand in the writing or the directing, and sweet babies it's finally be given to a female director. Then again it's DC and their history leads me to be more of a realist and say it'll probably be shit too.

I digress but speaking who is our definitive "actor" in a role, I am 100% sick and fucking tired of Jared Leto as Joker and the damn movie hasn't even come out yet. He keeps going on and on about how the role is bringing darkness into his head and in order to channel that he leaves used condoms around set and harasses his coworkers when they're not even filming? That's some shit to the bull right there. Heath Ledger didn't harass anyone on set and even though he was "method" acting he was still reportedly the nicest guy around and would hang out with everyone without acting like a complete tool. Not to mention that Mark Hamill has been the Joker for 20 years now and hasn't let any kind of darkness effect anything in life at all.

On top of the other "alleged" things I've heard about Leto recently, that dude can go straight fuck himself.

Timecop (1994)

Gigi (1958)

#146 Smigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:16 AM

Jared Leto needs to go fuck himself for being responsible for inflicting the world with 30 Seconds To Mars.

#147 24 Hour Party Pizza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationCascadia

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:42 AM

View PostSmigg, on 21 July 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

Jared Leto needs to go fuck himself for being responsible for inflicting the world with 30 Seconds To Mars.

I've never heard or seen his band on radio or tv, so it doesn't bother me. Celebs can have their vanity music projects.

I have seen Keanu Reeves live in concert with Dog Star, so there's that blemish on my life.

#148 Smigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

View Post24 Hour Party Pizza, on 21 July 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

I've never heard or seen his band on radio or tv, so it doesn't bother me. Celebs can have their vanity music projects.

I have seen Keanu Reeves live in concert with Dog Star, so there's that blemish on my life.

It wouldn't bother me either, but they're deceptive to go along with how much they suck ass.

One of my favourite bands is Black Label Society, I fucking LOVE this band, for 17 years, well, BLS have a logo that looks like this:

Posted Image

I see this skull, I think "That's Black Label Society"

However, 30 Seconds To Mars have a logo that looks like this

Posted Image

So, I was subjected to sub-par music, because of their flagrant false advertising.

#149 S316

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:59 PM

The Shadow watches.

Posted Image

#150 Juggermax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:41 PM

Anyone else notice that peter boyle is driving a taxi cab in the movie? Like is it possible that this film is a remake of Deniro's Taxi Driver with a super hero instead of a lunatic?

#151 Juggermax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:47 PM

View PostAuden, on 18 July 2016 - 08:10 AM, said:

I checked imdb, he's not, sadly.

I should also note that the other Chinese actor in Rogue One is Jiang Wen. He's a Big Deal actor in China. No doubt the casting of a Chinese actor and a Hong Kong actor is to broaden the movie's appeal in Chinese-speaking markets (Shanghai Disney Resort had recently opened and there's a Disneyland in Hong Kong), but it's still a score for diversity that Chinese actors are appearing for the first time in a Star Wars movie.

Mission Impossible Ghost protocol tried the same bullshit by casting walking Ham Anil Kapoor to capture the Indian audiences. They are outsourcing audiences now.

Also the best line in the shadow:
Lamont: Lets get Peking duck
Margo Lane: Thats so hot!

#152 EllenM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon, Saskatchewan

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:17 PM

If I'm honest though, I did like Ben Affleck's performance. I never liked Man of Steel so I'm just happy to have an acting performance to get behind.

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 21 July 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

Posted Image

I've been saying this for-fucking-ever!

There's a photo of the two of them in costume where Heath/Joker jumped over Bale/Batman on a skateboard in costume. That's the reality of that man. Still could ollie over the Dark Knight. Also to speak more to Ledger's method, on set that really extended to filming some stuff on his own guerrilla style. The videos that "The Joker" made, where he has the faux-Batman hostage, Chris Nolan let Heath do that himself. That's the kind of trust he had in Heath as an actor. Sure he could have just gone along with it and be all "If it's not good, I'll just re-do it" but I don't think that's who Chris Nolan is.

Viola Davis wasn't putting up with that nonsense, she told him as much too. You don't fuck with Annalise Keating

Posted Image

Again TL;DR essentially I agree with everything Taylor Anne says. I miss Heath Ledger and fuck you Jared Leto"

#153 Lando

Sold out Han

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationCloud City

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:10 AM

View PostEllenM, on 21 July 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

I forgot that Robert Baratheon and VISION were in that movie.
Brother

#154 taylor anne photo

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:52 AM

View PostLando, on 22 July 2016 - 05:10 AM, said:

I forgot that Robert Baratheon and VISION were in that movie.

Shit I didn't make the connection that that is Robert Baratheon.
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#155 Yoko Zbornak

Alien Cover Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationHadley's Hope, Acheron

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:02 PM

View PostCameron H., on 21 July 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

To your second, it's partially because of my son (who's four) and wasn't the greatest (but not terrible) the one time we've taken him to the movies; partially because my wife is currently pregnant; and partially because I don't mind waiting. I find that it's cheaper just to buy a movie, even if I don't really like it, than going to the theater. I mean, I guess we could get a sitter, but it's just not worth it to either my wife or myself. And honestly, I like hanging out with my kid.

The only exception to all of this would be if it's like a really big deal movie (e.g. Star Wars), which we'd do our best to go see while it's out. And the only exception to the "just buy it" rule would be if I'm relatively sure I'm not going to like it, but want to see what the fuss is about, or if by watching it, it's something that might ruin my son's perception of his two favorite superheroes (see: Batman v Superman)

Hey Cam, thanks for entertaining my nosy questions. It hasn't occurred to me before, that if you have more than one person you might as well just buy the movie.

You sound like a great dad!
  • I've always known that in your heart, you were a scientist first, a Templar second. - Alan Rikkin (Assassin's Creed)
  • The world's passing you by. - Sean Clements (Hollywood Handbook, ep. #143)
  • Not all opinions are equal. - Deborah Lipstadt

#156 ClarkKellyson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

Is anyone else distressed by the EVERYTHING MUST GO emails American Apparel keeps sending? I'm made very uncomfortable by the thought of those mannequins with pubic hair that were discussed in this minisode going to small-time boutiques across the country that aren't expecting the store furnishings they think they're buying to turn out to be pervert dolls.

On the other hand, I wonder if AA could have saved some money by not commissioning mannequins with pubes, and if so, could they have avoided bankruptcy and liquidation?