🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 140.5 - Minisode 140.5

I'm glad that Paul called out the director for his dismissive "it became a black movie" comment. His original movie also sounded super racist. He captures a bunch of Muslims and fights his way out of Iran? But those people, just because they were leaders of the country, didn't necessarily have anything to do with the terrorist act? It sounds like fighting terrorism with terrorism to me. I'm actually kind of pleasantly surprised the Hollywood execs said no to this. Good for them.

Also maybe the gang should do Passenger 57. I just watched the trailer and the effects do not hold up.

• Like 6

I'm excited to see "Stranger Things". Wino forever!

They filmed (a very small part of) that show in my neighborhood. Unfortunately I didn't see Winona. Fortunately I didn't embarrass myself in front of Winona.

• Like 1

Given that I waste a lot of my free time online doing silly things and not reading well written, researched and thought out articles I am glad that Paul has been including audio clips from Blake's column.

• Like 2

I'm glad that Paul called out the director for his dismissive "it became a black movie" comment. His original movie also sounded super racist. He captures a bunch of Muslims and fights his way out of Iran? But those people, just because they were leaders of the country, didn't necessarily have anything to do with the terrorist act? It sounds like fighting terrorism with terrorism to me. I'm actually kind of pleasantly surprised the Hollywood execs said no to this. Good for them.

Sounds like season 3 of Homeland to me.

• Like 1

They filmed (a very small part of) that show in my neighborhood. Unfortunately I didn't see Winona. Fortunately I didn't embarrass myself in front of Winona.

I don't think I'd be able to speak if I ever met Winona Ryder.

They shot a scene of "My All-American" in front of the UT tower. When I came out of class one day, there were shiny 50's cars lining the road in front of the tower. It was like stepping into another era. So surreal. Argh, I should've taken pics.

• Like 1

Sounds like season 3 of Homeland to me.

Haha. I don't watch Homeland but it also seems kind of racist to me. There was this poster I saw on the subway and I was like, "That is not right." Was always surprised more people didn't balk at it.

Anyway, I guess we know why the movie takes place in Germantown now. (Nazi zinger!)

• Like 1

that is the picture I wanted to use.

2vmdd7t.jpg

lonely looking for a good time. why not call Paul, you know you want too.

Paul wants to talk to you about all of your problems...

Paul understands what a lady truly needs. so call him. at 1 619 PAUL ASS

He's waiting for you.

START PHONING 619-PAUL ASK LIKE IT'S THE SEX LINE LOL

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU ALL.

• Like 2

Seeing as it's a mini-episode, I do feel the need to put this forward, because even though it's not a "movie" so to speak, it would prove to be a nice alternative to the Sharknado thing. Because this is absolutely bat shit insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBCU8wELJAA

It's just beautifully stupid.

I've watched that a couple times already and I notice more and more insane things each time. At least it seems to me that they understand that it's ridiculous, and I don't think I've ever seen a heel do something so vile as destroy their rival's landscaping.

• Like 1

Correction (maybe?) to this minisode and the last episode on Mannequin - did anyone else notice that Paul pronounced "tourist" like "tor-ist" (o er - rhymes with "for"). It really sounded weird to me, having lived 24 years in America. Does Paul call a concert "tour" a "tor"? Does anybody else? I know Londoners pronounce it with a schwa (uh) instead of an -er sound at the end, but in America I've always heard it as "too-rist", (sounds like "too/soon.")

I love Gina Carano. That's about it really.

I've watched that a couple times already and I notice more and more insane things each time. At least it seems to me that they understand that it's ridiculous, and I don't think I've ever seen a heel do something so vile as destroy their rival's landscaping.

Did you notice that "Vanguard" was spelled wrong?

• Like 1

Then what we need is someone to phone from 1 619 paul ass and leave a NASTY message at pauls answering service saying. I don't know what the hell is going on but we keep getting calls from people talking about Mannequins and stuff and it just needs to quit right now...btw "1 619 paul ass" is your total ass hotline, talk about ass, share storys about ass and then some.

egegec.jpg

would it be funner if it was a picture of paul, i wounder? if you bug me I'll do it.

ohh you didn't have to, it bugged me myself!

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNNER!!!!

l8d46.jpg

and on that note I will stop with that, can't top that, no sir.

Mind you I could place jason and june in that photo? Hmmmmm

Paul you should get that number...

• Like 1

There's an MMA fighter called Paul Sass. So, maybe Paul is hesitant to advertise it; because Paul Sass might think that Paul's Paul Ass is making fun of him with Paul's Ass, because Paul Sass was called "Paul's Ass" for years, so Paul Sass will end up kicking Paul's ass.

I got tongue-tied typing that, let alone reading it.

• Like 1

I'm excited to see "Stranger Things". Wino forever!

If anyone is on the fence about this show, give it at least three episodes. The first ep is actually kinda meh, but it gets much better after that. It's kinda like Freaks and Geeks meets Super 8, with really cool music. I feel like I haven't seen Winona do anything in forever!

• Like 2

I saw it opening day and just thought it was "meh." It wasn't terrible or fantastic, but it just wasn't clicking for me, kinda hard to explain. I thought Wiig and McCarthy were good, but felt McKinnon was there just to chew up scenery and I did laugh for Leslie Jones the most, especially the "this is a room full of nightmares" line. I felt the cameos stopped the pace outside of Murray, who was basically playing a more skeptical version of Venkman.

• Like 1

If anyone is on the fence about this show, give it at least three episodes. The first ep is actually kinda meh, but it gets much better after that. It's kinda like Freaks and Geeks meets Super 8, with really cool music. I feel like I haven't seen Winona do anything in forever!

I nearly let out a teenybopper scream when Winona first appeared onscreen. I just finished Stranger Things, it's a lot of fun.

Okay I saw Ghostbusters twice already I loved it so much

I'm gonna watch it tomorrow in IMAX 3D!

Harold Ramis' daughter Violet Ramis Stiel has written a lovely and moving article in support of the reboot.

I just found out that one of my favorite martial arts actor, Donnie Yen, is in Rogue One. The movie looks great. It doesn't have the cartoon-y look of 90% of sci-fi and superhero movies. I might actually find the movie's life-and-death stakes convincing.

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 1

The best movie for me this year, so far, has to be either Deadpool or The Nice Guys.

If you haven't seen The Nice Guys, you're REALLY missing out on something great.