🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 49 — The Sprint Panda

It's a packed house in the Earwolf studio today! We have musical guest Ugly Duckling live in house who open the show with one of the best (if not THE best) Sklar-themed ciphers we've ever heard! They help us understand the Phillie Phanatic and freestyle a theme for Sklarbitration before we bring in Brian Unger to get political up in this joint! He offers a rare glimpse into the early days of The Daily Show and explains Crossfit to a confused and cynical room. Then you know how it is: Some Ron Artest chat, Woody Allen bits, Charlie Sheen revelations, and a final segment with our good friend and Haiku poet Tiger Woods. Why celebrate the long weekend with noisy fireworks or sweltering barbecues when you can spend it listening to Sklarbro Country?

Hole. Lee. Sh*t. The freestyle opening, Sklarbitration theme, and 'Sklarbro Freestyle' finale were amazing. Can Ugly Duckling be the house band, please? I always love Randy and Jason's musical choices, but this episode took things to a new level of awesomeness. This was a fun episode to listen to. P.S. I'll have to re-listen to the Phanatic discussion and email you; I have a lot to say about my favorite sports mascot of all time!

I was not thrilled with the band at first, that's not my kind of music, but what they brought to the show was terrific. The way they helped flow the conversation with Brian and the boys and pitched in with the jokes and songs, was terrific. I am starting to warm to the idea of bands being there because it seems like Randy & Jason warm up and hit their marks cleaner with them there. It's stupid, but my favorite part was 'Do you speed up and hit the moose as hard as you can?' "Oh no, you don't want to hit it. You stop." lol Great episode.

One word to describe this ep: Winning.

the freestyle Sklaritos..man. Good stuff; should work that into more shows in the future.

Ummm.... Soundcloud? Why can't I get a hold of the country? I'm taking heavy fire from boredom! If I don't get back across the border, this battle could turn into a war! *facepalm*

I felt the need to register to thank all you guys for this episode. Great stuff. I've always enjoyed Ugly Duckling (and especially the almost completely silent Young Einstein's production). And I particularly enjoyed the Ugly Duckling/Sklar Brothers collaboration on the tragically underdiscussed topics of flat tops. (My only suggestion, next time: jeri curls.) On a side note, I also think it's kind of funny that both you guys and Paul Scheer have had rappers on before Howard Kramer.

Chuck Sclarbrothers (A NY joke). Do you guys remember the "Mash Notes" from Largo Moday's? It seems like everyone from that L. Laingham (sp) has made it big. Very cool. Continued success guys, "Float On".

Awesome episode! I never heard of Ugly Duckling before but now they have a new fan. I also think it was great to have Brian Unger as the guest. I was looking thru Hulu one day and saw a new show called "How the States got their shapes". I looked at it a bit and asked myself, "Are you Nerdy enough to watch this show?" The answer was yes and I love it. Great episode Brothers of Sklar!

Love the show! Mayweather's thumb down sign to his posse was his "Ceaser Gladiator" move. He decided this interloper's fate after hearing the imaginary crowd in his all-too-fuzzy-head chant "Death Death Death!!!!". And what is Mayweather, if not an emperor of the people, thus he was obliged to follow the one true path... thumbs down = beat down.

PS. Please help me on my life long mission to induct Dave Kingman into the Hall of Fame. They must have a special section for towering home run hitters and misogynistic behavior.

First Army Navy, now Ugly Duckling. You guys keep sending me out to buy more music with your excellent guests.

Sign in to follow this