Sign in to follow this  
FionaTillett

Do other people have real life friends who are podcast fans?

Because I don't. I wish I did, but I live in a kind of culturally "slow" area and I have yet to meet anyone who shares my sense of humor and/or love of podcasts.

• Like 1

A friend got me and another friend into podcasts with CBB as the starting point, and since then I've got two other friends into it. If they get two friends, and those two friends each get two friends and it continues on like that, maybe the ripple effect started by the original friend who got me into it will one day reach your area.

Sure! I have friends who're into podcasts ranging from Welcome to Night Vale to Serial, from Myths & Legends to Lore, from The Canon to You Must Remember This. It's a fun way to kill time at work.

I have two friends who are as enthusiastic about podcasts as I am. Unfortunately, I only see them once or twice a year. None of my friends, coworkers, or wife put nearly as much time into podcast enthusiasm as I do. I guess that's why I wind up posting to the forums as much as I do...even when it's to a threat linked to an episode posted anywhere between 2 and 10 years ago...

Until this year, I had yet to meet anyone who knew about the Comedy Bang Bang TV show, let alone the podcast. I relocated to a new area and finally I met a guy at the office who had heard of the TV show and vaguely remembered watching "for about 3 minutes." When Scott & Co. made a stop in my city on this latest tour, I couldn't believe how many fuckers came out of the woodwork for the live show! Where have all these people been? Where do they hang out? Why haven't we met? Why are all of them wearing plaid shirts and extremely tight-fitting blue jeans?

I do, but they're generally into bland NPR podcasts or shows I can't stand and/or broke up with ages ago.

Whenever they bring up On The Media or Serial, I groan silently the same way I'm sure they do when I bring up How Did This Get Made or No Such Thing as a Fish.

• Like 1