Episode 111 — Hi, How Are You?

46 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:01 PM

Two Comedy Bang Bangs in one week? Why, this must be a Christmas miracle! I bet this is how all those homeless people felt when David Guy Levy, producer of the upcoming film Terri, generously gave to the LA Food Bank this past Christmas. However, as you'll learn from this episode, his donation was not completely selfless: He got to co-host Comedy Bang Bang! Along with mostly-enjoyed guest Harris Wittels and a special surprise guest he brought himself, David guides us through segments like Harris' Phone Corner and the What's Up Hot Dog Memorial Plugs. Be sure to see Terri this weekend! David supports us so let's support him!

#2 Kaitis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

I'd like to note that just yesterday I was thinking about how Harris should be on the show again, but I assumed it would be some time because he was busy writing television shows. I'd also like to note that I've never been so happy to be wrong!

#3 Naylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:28 AM

What a treat to wake up to this, it's like getting a surprise present from someone just because they love.

#4 Roy Ziegler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:37 AM

Oh man, I really hope the Brett Gelman Show is a real thing.

#5 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:46 AM

David was a great co-host. His reactions to Harris' Foam Corner were classic. And now, thanks to David and Brett, we finally know why Scott created Earwolf! P.S. Harris, I voted for Foam Corner. But I still want to hear more Jack. I bet there's more to that lumberjack than anyone expects. Well... probably not.

#6 jughead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:08 AM

Is David related to Eugene Levy?

#7 Naylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:15 AM

Scott was incorrect when he said The American people voted for Foam corner. I'm a listener from London, I voted for foam corner as well. Although my ideal solution was always for him to have Jack the lumberyard owner to do foam corner.

And dammit, I meant to write "you" on the end of my previous post, and now I can't edit it.

#8 jesse1326657700

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:03 AM

I want to hear it so bad! ...but direct download isn't working. Same for the latest installments of Who Charted and Sklarbros Country. The Wolf dead? Que viva el Lobo de Orejas.

#9 Caroline Anderson

Earwolf Incarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:25 AM

Jesse, you can download it from here without problem- http://comedydeathra...tent=FeedBurner

Hopefully we'll figure out what's been going wrong with the direct downloads. In the future, if there is ever an issue, try out the RSS feed and see if that download works. In today's case, it does.

#10 jesse1326657700

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:31 AM

Thank you so much, Caroline. You just made my morning.

#11 Jaime1326657694

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:56 AM

Just drove through south central LA blasting, Fuck White People by Bret Gelman, everyone gave me props

#12 Fatsquirrel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

Bret Gelman's show better be for real. Even if it's a few minutes of storytime.

Also, I don't care what bits Harris does as long as we get to hear a Reggie Watts theme.

#13 John Bunger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:53 AM

Gelman you conniving piece of shit. I hope you do get a podcast so I can listen to it every week and be all fuckin judgy towards it.

#14 D. Padular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:01 AM

Harris Wittels the lady-killer has returned! Por finnnnnnnnnnnn!

#15 JoshuaDRazo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

This show was awesome. It took that left turn that I love in my favorite CBB episodes. Also, Scott saying "shut up!" or "shut the fuck up!" is the funniest thing to me.

#16 quilty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

so stoked that just yesterday i replied here wanting wittels and gelman on the show again. the bang bang gods are great... great, indeed.

seriously, this is one of the best episodes of the year.

#17 Tom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:50 PM

Threw me for a loop! I want to back Josh up and agree that Scott yelling "Shut the fuck up!" is hilarious. Second, I LITERALLY (nods at Jason Mantzoukas) almost spit out my Mountain Dew at Harris' Blockbuster Foam Corner joke. I would also like to reiterate that the only music played during this show ever should be from Reggie Watts because the rest.......meehh. Great show guys! Hope to see some of you on the east coast soon!

#18 Barry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

I can't find the Laura Prepon Grey Poupon crouton Groupon anywhere online. I'm calling Bullshit!

#19 Barry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

BTW, is this a bonus episode or is this episode just being released early and there will be no new CBB on Monday?

#20 Luke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:30 PM

If this was a Phish show I would be in the parking lot by now, trying to get my shit together! (hilarious!!!)