🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 70 - Gabrielle's Quinceanera (w/ Rachel Bloom, Stephanie Courtney, Ryan Gaul, Gary Anthony Williams)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes anyone with a moth in their throat to this week’s episode of Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special guest is Rachel Bloom of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend! They chat about Rachel's favorite Prince song, her father's weird sense of humor, and pretending to know more than you actually do. Paul is then joined by Stephanie Courtney, Ryan Gaul, and Gary Anthony Williams to improvise a story set at Gabrielle's Quinceañera. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

The next live edition of Spontaneanation happens Saturday, August 6 at Largo at The Coronet! Join Paul & Eban as they welcome improvisors Dan Ahdoot, Tim Baltz and Tawny Newsome, and special interview guest Desmin Borges from You’re The Worst! Tickets are on sale now!

Rachel Bloom's father sounds amazing. I couldn't stop laughing. Everyone knows that kind of dad though.

• Like 1

I feel like I need to use this forum to bring attention to the fact that CRAZY EX GIRLFRIEND IS PERFECT TELEVISION AND IT'S ON NETFLIX NOW AND YOU NEED TO WATCH IT OKAY?

No one told me that there was a hilarious musical on tv and I was so angry when I started watching that no one told me, like legit furious. So I've decided to become an evangelist for this show and to tell anyone who will listen to me about it. I promise you won't regret it. Okay thanks.

tumblr_oaejimi5Tk1v8j009o6_500.gif

• Like 3

Really great ep

I wish Gary Anthony Williams was my best friend

• Like 1

Big Chunky Bubbles* being a Poo Spirit is a horrifying revelation.

* Fuck you, non-Howl.fm listeners!**

** This is another reference only Howl.fm listeners will understand.

• Like 3

Tame Impala are a good band

I'd consider my knowledge of current music to be spotty at best, but I found it telling that she considered them a cool band that people supposedly don't know about. I mean, they're no Car Seat Headrest. ;)

Somewhat off-topic, but also relating to a show currently available on Netflix, the new season of BoJack is wonderful and Mr. Peanutbutter is a constant source of LOLs.

• Like 4

Rachel's dad sounds hilarious.

I am consistently impressed by GAW's range of voices!

Somewhat off-topic, but also relating to a show currently available on Netflix, the new season of BoJack is wonderful and Mr. Peanutbutter is a constant source of LOLs.

Yes! I loved it!

I feel like I need to use this forum to bring attention to the fact that CRAZY EX GIRLFRIEND IS PERFECT TELEVISION AND IT'S ON NETFLIX NOW AND YOU NEED TO WATCH IT OKAY?

No one told me that there was a hilarious musical on tv and I was so angry when I started watching that no one told me, like legit furious. So I've decided to become an evangelist for this show and to tell anyone who will listen to me about it. I promise you won't regret it. Okay thanks.

Initially, I stayed away from the show because of the title, but it's become one of my favorite shows. Can't wait for season 2.

• Like 1

Wait a second, was that "Fanfare for Car Crash Survivor" I heard when Gary was introduced?

Tame Impala are a good band

I think Currents is one of the greatest albums of all-time, and yes I realize that's a crazy statement. I don't even really like their other albums and I cringe every time I have to say "Tame Impala" out loud because of how ridiculous that band name is. But my love of that album is like the inverse of Mack Weldon's love of microbes.

Really good ep. The improv was one of favourites in a while.

I want to echo Kickpuncher's sentiment and say that Bojack Horseman is every kind of fantastic. One of my favourite programmes.

Relistened today and caught Eban playing "How much is that doggie in the window" for Stephanie's new puppy! Adorable!

Sign in to follow this