🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

This is the perfect example of how a movie doesn't have to be "good" or logical to be immensely enjoyable. There are so many goofy aspects to Commando, from continuity errors to painfully obvious set-ups for one-liners, but they all contribute to me loving the FUCK out of this thing. I am an Arnold fan to the death and I adore this movie. It might not be as outright ridiculous as something like Crank 2 or even Fast 6, but I will always keep it holy in my "feel-good films" category.

• Like 2

I am bumping this one because I love Commando so much. By far my favorite Arnold movie. "Why don't they just call him Girl George and save the confusion?"

This movie is like peak Arnold - in that it's not his best movie by far, but it is the movie that is most completely and solely propelled by the essence of Arnold in its purest form.

I love the tree-carrying scene, that's basically subtle 80's filmmaking for "BEHOLD HIS MONSTER COCK". I recently re-watched The Running Man, where there's a scene of him in prison carrying a giant girder, and I thought "man, it must have been in his contract back then that he has to have a scene where he carries something really long."

• Like 1

I love this movie so much, and if they did this, it would be a "Thank God This Got Made" episode. I know at least Zouks would be all about this shit.

But, my favorite part of the movie is the very end.

Arnie blows up the bad guys' compound with land mines...THAT ARE ALL FACING THE WRONG WAY! They are all actually pointing away from the buildings. They would likely still do some destruction, but nowhere near enough to blow up the compound.

(Also, all the buildings clearly blow up from the outside even though the mines are on the outside)

Oh, if you're wondering if this movie has Vernon Wells (Wez from The Road Warrior) wearing a chain mail shirt for most of it?

It totally does.

• Like 2

How has no one mentioned the beautiful Rae Dawn Chong?

sfehFpG.jpg

I went to a live MST3K-style riffing of Commando in Portland and it was possibly the most fun I've had at the cinema. What a ridiculous movie! You couldn't make this today, it'd be too laden with irony and winking at the camera (instead of just figuratively doing it).

I love this movie so much, and if they did this, it would be a "Thank God This Got Made" episode. I know at least Zouks would be all about this shit.

Agreed. In. Full. It was on this weekend, and I forgot the true masterpiece within. It's amazing across the board. Arnie carrying a log? A rocket launcher police escape? A good guy named Matrix vs a villain in a mesh tanktop and dog collar? This film has it all!

Also worth noting: the movie score is by the late James Horner, he who also scored the likes of Aoollo 13, Braveheart, Glory, Titanic.

My son is only 4 1/2. Once he hits 5 years old, it might be time to star introducing him to some classic Arnold.

primary_ob_b65622_commando01-1024x551.jpg

Would love to hear this done as a live double feature with Raw Deal from 1986.

Commando is the apotheosis of over the top 80s action cheese. I'm sure the writers from The Simpsons came up with McBain after watching this classic.

Raw Deal on the other hand is notable for casting Arnold as a small town sherrif that goes undercover in the Chicago mafia. What?!! Even as a 9 year old, I knew his casting made no sense.

It also features Arnold's most underrated one-liner: "You should not drink....and bake."

Make it happen Paul. We all know that the action film live episodes are the best (Bloodsport, Face Off, Con Air, Cobra, etc).

Please, please, please do this movie!!! It is ridiculously fun. The one liners. The insane plot. Absolutely fantastic. Favorite part: when Arnie flips Sully’s car back over after a wreck, but when he drives away, the car is shiny and new.

This would be a ‘thank god this god made’ movie along with Bloodsport and The Last Dragon. I love every fn quote, especially ‘remember Sully when I promised to kill you last?...I lied...

I love Commando, its such a fun action movie.  There are so many crazy moments in this to discuss.  Arnold jumps out of A PLANE taking off and doesn't get hurt.  He mows down what seems like hundreds of guards in the climatic battle without a scratch.   And Bennett...we need to talk about Bennett.

Shout out to Power Station for the epic end credits song: SOMEWHERE. SOMEHOW. SOMEONE.

This IMO is peak Arnold. Everything there is to love about Arnold and his movies is perfectly represented in this big, dumb, stupid, funny movie.

Not Arnold's best movie (that's Predator IMHO), but certainly his most rewatchable as well as most "Arnold" movie.  The tool shed scene alone should qualify this movie for a live episode. 

Definitely a Thank God This Got Made. 

Arnie is carrying a whole Tree on his shoulder at start of Movie. Thats how awesome this  movie is.

My Favourite line is after he breaks the guys neck on the plane. He tells the air steward "Don't disturb my friend hes Dead tired."