๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—

So much to process...Schwarzenegger as John Matrix performs impossible feats of strength and physicality, yet has trouble with his nemesis, a doughy guy in a faux chainmail sweater vest. Add in Dan Heydaya with a Razzy-worthy accent, a crappy script full of cheesy one-liners and a list of obvious movie-making errors longer than the script and you have a film that is simultaneously great and horrible, and worthy of watching for the podcast. And it's currently on Netflix streaming.

• Like 1

Also, possibly one of the craziest fake last names ever: MATRIX?

ย 

A friend of mine brought up something interesting about the opening daddy/daughter montage that I didn't realize, which was a pretty good catch on her part. She pointed out that when they're eating ice cream, they're sharing their cones, but THEY BOTH HAVE VANILLA. Why do you need to share when you both have the same thing?!?!? Cars going from being smashed up to perfectly fine again are completely acceptable, but it's the ice cream that's ridiculous.

• Like 1

Holy shit this movie is amazing. I got the director's cut on DVD and it is almost like it was paying homage to 80s action flicks before the Expendables did. From cheesy one liners to awesome kills to Arnold being the only guy who can stop the villians, this movire is great. Plus lets not forget the main bad guy who has been described by the actor who played him as "Freddie Mercury on sterioids."

"Remember, Sully, when I promised to you last?"

"That's right, Matrix, you did!"

"I lied."

• Like 2

I agree. This sort of goes in the Crank/Roadhouse camp as fun insanity. You also might want to get screenwriter and current comics scribe Jeph Loeb to comment.

Let's not forget the insane mall scene where Arnold swings around like Tarzan and the main badguy who the actor himself called "Freddy Mercury on steroids."

By far my favorite crazy Arnold flick. This is the standard I have for any over-the-top action movie. +1 for the villain who wears chain mesh. Their knife fight at the end is classic: "Stick a knife into me!"

ย 

JENNY!!

The soundtrack in this movie is great. "remember when I said I would kill you last?" "I lied!"

In the opening daddy-daughter montage, they're sharing ice cream, but they BOTH HAVE VANILLA! Why do you need to share when you both have the same flavor! It's like I just couldn't take this movie seriously after that...

Oh man, I re-watched this movie recently. Out of the plethora of Arnold Schwarzenegger movies this one is one of the most ridiculous/ awesome movies he's done.

The soundtrack in this movie is great. "remember when I said I would kill you last?" "I lied!"

ย 

Yeah the Arnold one-liner machine is in full force in this movie and I love it so much more for it.

I love how Arnold just carries around a tree that easily weighs 500lbs like it aint no thang! He was so freakin roided out he looked like at any moment he would just explode.

It is an awesome movie that is custom made for this podcast to rip it apart.

"Chenny! Chenny!"

ย 

A classic from the first scene of Arnold carrying a tree to the final assault where he kills maybe 70 guys. His best work.

I love this movie. SPOILERS --> I especially like the scene toward the beginning when he stone-cold slams an engine-less, brake-less SUV down the side of a mountain. Great names, as a few have mentioned: Matrix, Sully, etc. Then there's the fight in the hotel that busts in on some nudity, the bad guy that wears a chainmail shirt, an extremely contrived assassination involving guys posing as garbage men WITH A TRUCK (what if the guy hadn't forgotten to put out his garbage the night before?), Arnold scalping a guy with a saw blade. Oh, dear lord, I could go on.

"Remember, Sully, when I promised to you last?"

"That's right, Matrix, you did!"

"I lied."

"What happened to Sully?"

"I let him go."

say what you will, John Matrix is the greatest action movie name ever

I think there must be other threads for this. But if not, yeah, this would make a good one. It's genuinely fun, but in the Roadhouse sort of vein.

guys, guys, guys.... what about when he rips the front seat of the car out but then drives around town with all those goofy wide shots and you still see him in the car. that or when he jumps out of a 747 that is taking off and lands gently in some marsh. this movie is classic(ly bad).

How has this movie not been covered yet?

ย 

ย 

Arnold's name is John Matrix and his daughter (Alyssa Milano) is Jenny Matrix...

ย 

i think that alone is worth discussing

I don't know, I think this is another Arnold classic. I'd rather see them do Kindergarten Cop. but that's just me.

ย 

I have not watched this movie in a long time so maybe it's not gotten better with age.

ย 

But as far as I can remember it's a good movie.