🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
andreslucero

How can we improve the Earwolf.com forums?

I seem to not be getting the toolbar, that gives you the options for photos and links and editing.

did that get taken down?

I have no idea what's going on right now... I can't edit anything.

Will look into it.

Its a little slow for me as well. Also, this is a small issue, but when I like a comment now it reloads the whole page. Is it necessary to re run all the script just to add a like?

• Like 1

Hey guys. Thanks for your patience, this is a new layout and we're still working out all the site kinks.

I'm not having the same issue with the likes that you're having Bruce. If you can spare the time, would you clear your browser cache and tell me if the issue persists? If it does, I'd be grateful for any info on what browser and OS you're running.

Thanks again everybody. We're doing our best to keep the ship running smoothly, and will see what I can do about speeding things up a little too.

Love,

Geordi Laforge

• Like 2

Monsieur Laforge,

Thanks for the help. Clearing my cache stopped the issue I was having with the likes. I dig the new site by the way, earlier it seemed like the top bar was catching and scrolling when I was on the main forum page, but now it's stopped as well. Keep up the good work!

Love,

BRRII

Earwolf Chat?

I miss the days of having the ancillary chatroom that was part of the message boards. Let's all get silly together!

• Like 1

I'm happy that the mouseover link to the "Shows" on the toolbar works on all pages now. I was having the same issue as Bruce with the likes reloading the page, but it's fixed now.

Also, thanks for adding the full episode list for quicker access to older eps -- don't think I saw that yesterday. I'm still not a big fan of only seeing two at a time, but I suppose it's visually less clunky than page numbers. Overall the site is functional and pretty easy to navigate.

One suggestion I would add: would it be possible to ensure that when text is pasted into a forum post, it's done so without any formatting? Whenever people copy and paste from another site, it (usually) keeps the font and style, like so:

"Stop eating my Sesame cake!". It would had been funny to see him blow his brains out, Mr. Hormonka or w/e his name is. "Motherfulka didn't I tell you to Stop Eating my Sesame Cake???".

I see this happen a lot in the HDTGM forum. I'm not a web dev, just wondering if it's doable.

Also, saving/posting is much slower, and I apparently double posted somehow.

Latest version of Chrome on Win XP.

idk if this is the right spot but i think it would be cool if the shows had an advertiser on the episode with a special code or something that that information could be put in the first episode post

like if mr aukerman had a promo going with stamps. com where you put in the code BANGBANG there could be a link and the code in the OP so if people want to take advantage of it it would be easy to do

• Like 2