🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 439 - It's Great (An Improv Team)

Fine fellows Adam Pally and Nick Kroll of the new film Joshy join Scott once again on today's Comedy Bang! Bang! They'll talk about what it was like working on the film together, all the exciting upcoming projects they have in the can, and perform a couple of improvised scenes to showcase their new improv teams. Later, Scott's weed dealer Bro arrives to make a delivery and we learn more about Bro's past. It's an episode that will probably give you a heady high.

Bro!

Kroll!

(Also Scott. He's good too)

• Like 4

Oh baby, finally the return. I think I like this lineup, Bro should fit well with Kroll as he did with Samberg

I wonder if he'll be bringing any.... heady strains with him

• Like 2

Another classic publishing from CBB. This ingenious tale is a very thorough and sagacious example of the fragile balance between the guffaw and the hah hah that is inherent in the comedic realm of the 21st Century. (Read: I totally laughed my balls off)

• Like 2

Just started my Hollywood Handbook journey this week and the Adam Pally episode really made me miss his CBB appearances.... Imagine the look on my big ol' dumb face when I saw this bonus ep pop up. Only halfway through but I'm loving all this inside baseball talk about people who record audio waves for films, this is shaping up to be a grepisode

• Like 3

Scott referred to 'New Girl' as 'News Girl'. I'm no longer certain that this isn't Hollywood Handbook.

• Like 4

This was such a good episode that it gave me more of a heady high than a heady high, you know?

• Like 1

What is going on with the sound, it sounds like they recorded these last two episodes in a basement or something.

This episode was a little too heady for me. I like a podcast that will just put me in the couch.

• Like 6

Grepisode! Two of the all-time worst/best characs. Bro's list of weed strains feels like one of those clips I'll be re-listening on YouTube for years to come.

I snorted out loud at work too many times during the mentioning of weed strains. And then again when Bro was asked if he smokes.

edit: Just watched Joshy, holy shit!

From start to finish this movie is a rollercoaster of emotion, and I loved it! Super dark, really funny, and leaves certain things vague in the best possible way. I was anticipating a hell of a lot more Jake Johnson from the amount of times he was mentioned in the 'cast but it kind of makes the ep funnier now having seen it.

also loved when SBS cameoed as Kroll's character to pitch those motivational speeches. Keep those vibes positive!

Love,

JJ

Edited by Jack Johnson P.I.