🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
IRONicmerMAN

June & Paul's Child Conception (Como???)

Ok, so maybe this is over the line and might get me banned for life, but I was thinking that one of these movies could possibly have been the spark and catalyst for June & Paul's conception of their first child. I mean, how could this not be the case? (If this is covered in a later episode, forgive me. I'm only ~halfway through.)

Per Wikipedia (always accurate), Gus was born April 30, 2014. By my calculation, that would put actual conception around late-July/early-August 2013. Here are the possibilities which lit that baby-making fuse. They're the ones most likely based on date. Tough to say which would have been most...influential, if you know what I mean. Some details on each's candidacy and rationale.

Demolition Man (July 9)

• Parenthood is a brave new world
  • Sexy outfits
  • Sexy, graphic "sex" scene
  • Dr. Cocteau
  • Seashells!
  • Would require late delivery after due date

Sharknado (July 16)

• Sharks!
  • Importance of Family
  • Would also require late delivery slightly after due date

Over the Top (July 30)

• Importance of Family
  • Bull Hurley
  • "What I do is I just try to take my hat and I turn it around, and it's like a switch that goes on. And when the switch goes on, I feel like another person, I feel, I don't know, I feel like a... like a truck. Like a machine."
  • Would be right time per due date

Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles (August 13)

• ​Crocodile wrestling
  • The tooth hat
  • Importance of Family
  • His name is August
  • Would require delivery just before due date

Oh, and flash forward...June and Paul announced in March 2016 that they're expecting kid #2. I don't know the due date, but looking at the later-2015 movies...it had to be the Star Wars Holiday Special. No question.

Good luck, and congrats, June and Paul. I have two kids about two years apart and it's bonkers.

• Like 2

Well I'll be damned. Thanks for the heads up. Based on that timeline, looks like it could have been Lifeforce. Space travel, nude people in suspended animation and shape-shifting space vampires are quite the aphrodisiacs. Death Spa could have been in the running, but it would have been a little early. I'll still hold out hope that it was Star Wars Holiday Special watched before Thanksgiving that did the trick.

Congrats June and Paul! I hope all is well.