🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
CalebLewis

The iron giant should be in the canon

The Iron giant is the most treasured movie from my childhood, and the one I'm convinced holds up best. Because as much as I feel immense nostalgia for the land before time, and toy story, the only kids movie that hits me as emotionally hard today as it did 15 years ago is the Iron Giant. Please help to convince Devin and Amy to at least debate Brad Birds 1999 classic.

• Like 1

Dare I suggest The Iron Giant v The Incredibles...? Either one would surely get in on its own (since it seems pretty easy to get in if you're generally popular), but which of the two mid-20th-century pulp-inspired Brad Birds would come out on top?

The Iron Giant is an exceptional piece of cinema, and it absolutely deserves consideration for the Canon. For starters, it's the best Superman adaptation in the big screen since Richard Donner exited the scene...

I've seen Iron Giant over a dozen times and I still break down bawling at the end when the Iron Giant says in his Vin Diesel voice:

SUUUUUUUUUUUUPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERMAAAAAAAAAN

When i first watched it, I thought of my father and his support for me, now I think of my son.

I don't watch this movie with friends. :P

No movie has destroyed me in such a fashion.