🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 440 - Pop-TarTender

Gino and Todd were a wonderful combo. Their interactions were like the ice cream in the delicious sandwich of Scott donuts.

Maybe this is just my perception of Matt as an "improv guy" spilling over, but I feel like every time he's on CBB, his prepared character stuff isn't funny, but when he gets into the flow of improvising with the the other guests/characters, his true ability shines through.

• Like 4

I agree with that re: Besser.

I think the format of the show is decent for him because he doesn't play aggressively right off the bat.

This combination of funny people is too good.

• Like 4

gabrus' meat puppets ref went unnoticed and i will not stand for this

• Like 5

Todd forgot to plug his next book "A Party With No Drummer Is Like A Donut With No Ice Cream: The Todd Glass Story Part Deux", but I can assure you it's a riveting read

• Like 2

todd glass is the most unintentionally funny person alive. he's also intentionally funny

• Like 12

todd glass is the most unintentionally funny person alive. he's also intentionally funny

He spirals into his own thoughts and insecurities in the most beautiful and hilarious way.

• Like 9

Jesus that was a great plugs theme. I love how authentic some of these songs end up being.

Found the original submission, link for posterity:

• Like 1

He spirals into his own thoughts and insecurities in the most beautiful and hilarious way.

in the most relatable way too

I love Todd's frenetic energy and how he gets so passionate about little things, and so easily distracted. It actually makes me slightly anxious, but in a good way? I hope that ended up sounding like a compliment.

I burst out laughing at "Who am I, Sam?" in the supermarket.

• Like 2

Maybe this is just my perception of Matt as an "improv guy" spilling over, but I feel like every time he's on CBB, his prepared character stuff isn't funny, but when he gets into the flow of improvising with the the other guests/characters, his true ability shines through.

yeah it's like the setup isn't as funny as the punchline! what's the deal with that? why can't all the parts of the joke telling be equally as funny?!!

• Like 3

Is Todd Glass really coming to Australia? Please don't joke about stuff like this. Some of us are trapped in this prison of a country.

gabrus' meat puppets ref went unnoticed and i will not stand for this

let's be honest, that was a nirvana reference and we all know it ;-/ :lol::P:huh::angry:B):rolleyes:

such a brill ep. for some reason, one of my favorite stupid parts was right before the last break, scott is rushing to say things like "we'll be right back" and the microsecond before they start the break, you hear todd say "Todd Glass" -- the more i think about how and why he did that, the more i love that man.

• Like 4

apparently there's a movie about todd glass's parties. for real.

• Like 3

Gino and Todd were a wonderful combo. Their interactions were like the ice cream in the delicious sandwich of Scott donuts.

My fav thing about Besser on CBB is that his characters quickly turn into thinly veiled cover for his incredulity at Scott/Earwolf/Guests.

Also it was great hearing Todd cracking Besser up in the background.

• Like 1

Could you imagine Gabrus, and to an extent Besser, first hearing the drummer at parties rant?

I was worried about this episode based on its promise of political content. I'm glad they kept it light and short, CBB has been my go-to during this election season because it is one of the few comedy outlets that doesn't tend to shun half of their fan base. Thanks guys!

Holy shit, he makes the Pop Tart sandwich in that video. You, sir, are my new hero for bringing this to my attention.

• Like 1

"Hi I'm Scott Aukerman your wonderful orifice"

So that video is next level bonkers, the music choice and Todd's unwavering assuredness give it a very strong conspiratorial/cult recruitment vibe. I love it. He just wants to create a laid back environment that has been meticulously pre-planned beat-for-beat. Best part is when he makes such a big deal about the fridge light ruining the atmosphere in the preamble, then during the party he leaves the door wide open for a full 15 seconds and just puts what he took out right back in.

Great ep also.

• Like 3

Emmy headlines reminded me to come back here and say, 1) Jon Gabrus shut your pie-hole next time and 2) I can finally listen to the rest of this podcast now that I've seen Stranger Things. Did it occur to anybody that maybe not everyone had seen that amazing show by August 15th? I hadn't. Good job with the spoilers guys, glad I turned it off before the WHOLE show was ruined rather than just a part... I mean I don't wanna be like one of the Portlandia 'No Spoilers!" people, but c'mon.

I love Gabrus but next time keep something handy to shove in his pie-hole long enough to warn us ;)