🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 113 — Skanking Hayride

Stars- They're just like us! Bobby Moynihan from Saturday Night Live joins us this week and proves his comedy nerd cred with an impressive knowledge of SNL history that will embarrass even the nerdiest of listeners. Our old friend Ozzie Patinkin (no relation) of the Bakery for Dogs returns and tells us about dog treats, dog costumes, dog amputation, dog guns, and so on and so forth. Another old friend is back: Hollywood Facts! It joins Would You Rather? in this episode that defies reality and begs the question "How far would you go for a Plane Break?"

Finally, an episode for all of us listeners who support dog amputation.

• Like 2

4 million bank accounts. Sleight of paw. David Doggerfield. So many great one liners in this episode, the whole section after the dog revolution reveal was gold.

Woofin' a woof woof! Woofin' a woof woof!

Is Ska Taukerman a band name yet?

Anyway, really great guests, great episode. Bobby Moynihan has been my favorite SNL cast member since his first episode as the weird, rude waiter.

Really enjoyed this one. Bobby killed it and I loved how he seemed to be a huge fan of the show, knowing a lot of the bits, characters, and beats. Bring him back soon!

• Like 1

@Sean I agree! I love that Bobby was super excited for a plane break to happen.

• Like 1

Random thing I just discovered... If you search for Bobby Moyihan on Twitter, four people come up. And one of them is Oprah.

I was slightly disappointed to see Seth Morris wasn't doing Bob Ducca at first. What a fool I was. It took it's time to build but when they got there it was superb.

The Tug slug really knocked this one out of the park. I was listening while driving and when he mentioned the two dog/missile on back scenario, I almost couldn't stop for the car in front of me.

Today's conclusion sounds eerily similar to the alternate 'Growing Pains' series finale that Kirk Cameron pitches to me on a bi-daily basis.

I had the exact same reaction as @Ben: "Ooh! Seth Morris! That means we'll get to hear some more Bob Ducca genius! What? He's doing something else? How could this possibly compare!?" only to have this quickly become one of my favorite episodes of 2011 thus far. Bobby was spot-on throughout, and Seth proved yet again how insanely brilliant his character work always is. Also, definitely one of the best WYR outcomes of all time.

I laughed so hard at "Woof You Rather." It's like when a pun reaches a critical mass of badness, it becomes hilarious. I love it.

• Like 1

Bobby was great. I don't know why that surprised me. I think I'm just apprehensive about SNL cast members.

Good call, Dan, I didn't think Bobby was gonna be so good either but I'd like to have him back soon. I'll send Jeff and Scott a text later.

Sign in to follow this