🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 43 - The Shawshank Redemption with Clancy Brown

Accomplished actor Clancy Brown joins Matt to talk about his role as the tough as nails prison guard Captain Hadley in the 1994 Frank Darabont film The Shawshank Redemption. They chat about how Clancy’s difficulty saying some of his character's colorful dialogue in the audition eventually got him the gig, why he turned down offers to work with correctional officers to help him with his role, and really hanging Tim Robbins over the ledge of a rooftop. Plus, we'll hear stories from the set of LOST, Sean Connery offering Clancy wisdom while filming Highlander, and Shakespeare being quoted on the set of Dukes of Hazzard.

• Like 1

I'm glad Bad Boys came up. That was a harrowing view for me, and Clancy Brown's character was EVIL!

I think the Sean Penn Bad Boys disappeared when that steaming pile of Michael Bay crap appeared.

• Like 1

Good lord, I adore Clancy Brown and I could listen to his voice for days. His Connery impression was aces. Him being interviewed by Matt Gourley? Podcast Perfection.

• Like 3

I joined the forum just to post here. Clancy Brown is the best! I just don't know what else to say. I'm really looking forward to my commute tomorrow just to listen to this ep.

• Like 1

I had no idea he was the bad guy in Highlander. That's a decent resume of roles!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this