🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 143 - Gods of Egypt

Haven't heard the podcast yet, but I have to tell everybody this. The new David Brent movie is fucking hilarious.

Oh hey, I found a review of this movie from 1500BC.

(sorry it's huge)

485590.jpg

This movie is for the dogs.

eunf51.jpg

I thought this was happening next week this podcast. Ohh well.

from my personal collection of photos on holiday in egypt, luxor temple egypt

Just walking around getting ready to start the tour and we see this.. GET A PICTURE!!!

large version here.

every time we walked out the door of our hotel we had guys like this would start playing music...

singing the words: "Luxor in Egypt yeah Yeah!!!"

I kid you not, the minute you walked out the door of the hotel. NOTE: I wish they where that good. it reminded me of monty python cheese shop

! but rather then wanting to buy cheese we wanted a taxi cab
  • Like 3

I'm dying over the fact that Jason thought he had picked Exodus!

I cackled like a bastard in the office when I heard that.

I knew there had to be some kind of mistake.

I kept asking "Why would HDTGM forsake us?"

• Like 3

Full disclosure: I dedcided not to rent this movie. (And Cameron H.'s story made me glad I didn't). I watched some clips online and decided Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister, obvs) didn't look hot enough for it to be worth it. That was my literal decision making process. Like I will watch some hot, hot garbage movies but Jaime Lannister better not have a fucking rag over his pretty eyes the whole time.

Anyway, as a Song of Ice and Fire nerd I feel it my duty to point out that the character is not "Kevin" Lannister it is Kevan. With an A. Because George RR Martin likes to do this weird thing where he spells names wrong to make it sound old timey. Petyr ("Peter"). Jeyne ("Jane.") etc. Thus it's not just Kevin, like Kevin the IT guy who annoys you. It's KevAn, like Kevan the pompous IT guy who changed his name after he read George RR Martin's books.

Slight difference in tone. ;-)

• Like 5

I'm surprised they didn't talk about Alex Proyas's(The director) meltdown over the bad reviews this movie got. He called film critics 'diseased vultures'. Pretty hilarious.

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE REDBOX CUSTOMER WHO RENTED GODS OF EGYPT BEFORE ME.

Cameron, I worry for your family.

• Like 2

Also, a dumb life hack: Red Box's customer support chat is a bot. If you tell them you had a defective movie (and the kiosk location), they'll give you two free rental codes. I haven't paid for a Red Box rental in the last couple of years.

I'm also surprised that guy went to the trouble of peeling off the barcoded sticker, because you can also just photocopy it and return the piece of paper in the case instead of the disc.

Taylor Anne, I'm so upset with you. I believed that MANnequin poster was real for a second and got way too excited.

• Like 6

it was no Saudi Wedding

now if someone could edit that video and add

that would make me so happy.

Also, a dumb life hack: Red Box's customer support chat is a bot. If you tell them you had a defective movie (and the kiosk location), they'll give you two free rental codes. I haven't paid for a Red Box rental in the last couple of years.

I'm also surprised that guy went to the trouble of peeling off the barcoded sticker, because you can also just photocopy it and return the piece of paper in the case instead of the disc.

Hmmm...you seem to know an awful lot about how to ripoff Red Box...

suspicious.gif

• Like 9

Elodie--I love that name--has a black belt in karate, went to the Sorbonne, has a master's in law and is bilingual.

I have a lot to say about Hathor, gonna eat din din first.

I had a salmon sushi burrito from Whole Foods for lunch. It was good!

• Like 4

No offense to cameron, but that was too long and after skimming I got the gist. Reddit really teaches you to skip that sort of post (they drive everything into the ground to be fair). The guy who quoted him in full to add a line of comment deserves to burn in hell though.

Anyway, this movie managed to be less boring than troy, while still being worse overall, not a simple feat. I'm trying to remember something positive about it, but I don't think I can. Goddamn, this left me... bleak. I'll pay a hundred million imaginary dollarooes to the team if they put on exit to eden to cheer me up!

I'll be "that guy" but, Sorry, Pantone metallic gold ranges from about 871 to 877. It's a part of my job. There, I'm done being a condescending nerd. :)

• Like 9

No offense to cameron, but that was too long and after skimming I got the gist. Reddit really teaches you to skip that sort of post (they drive everything into the ground to be fair). The guy who quoted him in full to add a line of comment deserves to burn in hell though.

This is really rude and hostile. I guess Reddit doesn't teach people how to read a room. Cameron H. and Quasar Sniifer are both veteran posters who are well-liked and respected. We tend to write long posts and go off on tangents and go off-topic on this forum. So if these things bother you, you probably won't be happy here.

• Like 10

This is really rude and hostile. I guess Reddit doesn't teach people how to read a room. Cameron H. and Quasar Sniifer are both veteran posters who are well-liked and respected. We tend to write long posts and go off on tangents and go off-topic on this forum. So if these things bother you, you probably won't be happy here.

Quasar did blow it by quoting that entire page-long post for a 1 line response though

• Like 2

No offense taken! :)

There was literally nothing of substance in it--just a stupid joke. I'm sure you're not the only one who rolled their eyes and just scrolled right on through. However, let's not wish that anyone "Burn in Hell." I know my post may have annoyed you, but Quasar is a fucking awesome dude. I was beyond flattered that he seemed to enjoy my dumb, self-indulgent, joke post.

If it seriously becomes a "thing" I would be happy to wrap the whole damn thing in "spoiler" tags. I'm not precious of my posts. Let's all just have fun out there!

• Like 6

When I watched the final battle and saw Butler gushing gold blood it instantly reminded me of a horrible burger I bought at one of these hipster burger joints. What it amounted to was a burger with peanut butter and jelly spread on the buns, I know it sounds awful but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Well when the burger came out the jelly was fine, but the peanut butter basically coagulated on top of the hot burger, with the oil basically separating from the other ingredients in the peanut butter. That runny mess looked exactly like Butler bleeding to death. So either gods bleed peanut butter as they get closer to death or that hipster cafe was putting melted gold on their burgers.

• Like 2

Can we talk about how hot Elodie Yung (the original Elektra 2: Elektra Boogaloo) is?

I didn't watch GoE but I will gladly talk about the beauty of Elodie for daaays

• Like 5

I'm dying over the fact that Jason thought he had picked Exodus!

I too am so glad that this movie was basically done as Jason mistook this movie like many fans mistook the Keaton version of Jack Frost and the horror version that had the same name and came out about the same time. On a side note, can we please do the horror version of Jack Frost? That movie is next level insane.

• Like 1

it was no Saudi Wedding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_uYKV0LPi0

now if someone could edit that video and add

that would make me so happy.

What's crazy about that wedding? Seems totally normal to me as I plan for my wedding to have gorillas in tutus battle honey badgers armed with machetes while I watch from a throne made of DVD copies of the movies covered by this show. Oh and there will also be a bounce house and slip n' slide.

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE REDBOX CUSTOMER WHO RENTED GODS OF EGYPT BEFORE ME.

Dear Sir or Madam (Who am I kidding? Statistically, you’re most definitely a man.)

Yours Sincerely,

Cameron “Cameron H” H.

Wow, that was a helluva experience.

I gave my soon to be patented bastardly cackle when you guessed Redbox discs are covered in dick-prints.

I salute your dedication to the show.

I myself have maybe seen less than a 1/3 of the movies theyve covered. It hasnt changed how I feel about the show or desire to see the subject being discussed. This ep is definitely no difference.

Only once did I intentionally watch a movie (easy rider 2) before they covered it. I am glad I did that.

My point is, youd have probably gained more enjoyment from slamming your thumb in the drawer.

• Like 1

No offense taken! :)

There was literally nothing of substance in it--just a stupid joke. I'm sure you're not the only one who rolled their eyes and just scrolled right on through. However, let's not wish that anyone "Burn in Hell." I know my post may have annoyed you, but Quasar is a fucking awesome dude. I was beyond flattered that he seemed to enjoy my dumb, self-indulgent, joke post.

If it seriously becomes a "thing" I would be happy to wrap the whole damn thing in "spoiler" tags. I'm not precious of my posts. Let's all just have fun out there!

Eh, this is quite surely on me. I guess I'm pretty down right now, nothing to do with you really. However, Auden hit the nail on the head when she wrote "Cameron H. and Quasar Sniifer are both veteran posters who are well-liked and respected. We tend to write long posts and go off on tangents and go off-topic on this forum. So if these things bother you, you probably won't be happy here" - she's right, I feel occasionally that this forum, considering it is not a chat, is too much like a "home environment" for a select few (2nd language here, I hope this works) and get annoyed with the "white noise" I sometimes need to read past. Other times I have no problem with that at all, so like I said, this is most likely on me.

For what it's worth, what I tried to say with my lead-in was that I could tell by your second paragraph where you were going and a writing format like this is the type of thing reddit likes to beat like a dead horse, i.e. keep doing it at every occasion until it becomes tiresome (which they have indeed done for that specific style). I realize this couldn't come across as anything else but hostile, but I stand by the factual part of it either way while trusting you when you say you took no offense. I would complain about being lumped in with the "reddit crowd" just because I referenced it, but in this case I'll have to admit I would have read what I wrote the same way if someone else had posted it, so what can you do. Carry on.

edit: also, I don't believe in hell, it's literally just a thing to say, like "with the heat of a thousand suns" etc. Quasar should just have cut the quote down to a few lines, I'm not saying he's not supposed to say he liked it.

Edited by IJoinedJustForThis
  • Like 1