🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 14 — Green Lantern

In darkest night Paul, June, Jason, and Paul Rust went to see Green Lantern. In brightest day they reunited to figure out what the hell happened. You'd think that the art of the comic book movie would be perfected by now, but with it's awful CGI, ultra-quippy dialogue, and awkward pacing and storytelling, Green Lantern is certainly the exception. Even Jason who has read the comics didn't understand what was happening most of the time! If this film left you just as confused and unhappy, come commiserate with the gang and hopefully your questions will be answered. No guarantees though.

What the hell is wrong with you guys? The car on the race track came from his nephew's Hot Wheels race track in his bedroom. None of you got that?

You could fill every week of this show just covering terrible superhero films.

I can usually tell from a commercial if a movie is worth seeing. The commercials for Green Lantern really turned me off, so thanks for confirming my suspicions.

@AgentOrange They got the green light from their green lanterns.

• Like 1

Not to be too nitpicky, but the "starfighter" he gives his nephew is the F-104 Starfighter, which is in fact an airplane.

But yeah, this movie was awful.

Love the show guys. The movie was not good, but your knowledge of the Green Lantern mythos is worse. Classic character that has stuck with comic fans for half a century. You should have got Geoff Johns, writer of the most recent Green Lantern comic series, who is a genius to come review the film. Still love you though, but Hal Jordan is a great character as a drawing and cartoon at least.

What's weird about this one (and may be corrected after I post this), unlike The Smurfs in which all traces has been deleted ( I wouldn't have even known they had done it had Jason not briefly mentioned it to someone in some random episode), the mini-sode is still up on this one. For a minute I thought it may have already been migrated over to Howl Premium, but I don't see it there either...Strange.

I mean, I can get behind the (speculated) reason The Smurfs was pulled, but why this one? By all accounts, nobody liked it--even those involved in making it. It's even the butt of a prominent joke in the Deadpool trailer...

Any word on why this one was taken down? It's not really a big deal or anything, I'm more or less just asking to satisfy my own idle curiosity. Vague answers written in eldritch riddles will be happily accepted. ;)

Paul was cast as the next Green Lantern.

Please say as John Stewart.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this