🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 25 - Noodlebody

Morrissey sings, "It takes strength to be gentle and kind." Well, Geth hasn't eaten all day, and this self-avowed "Noodlebody" is about to find out if the two hard-boiled eggs Gethard bought from the midtown 7-11 will provide enough strength for gentleness & kindness.

Any time we can get copious amounts of Chris singing Morrissey/Smiths songs, it's a solid episode in my book.

I'm a pretty loyal fan to his podcast, but this one was cringey man. Chris you were super harsh with this girl in the most passive aggressive way possible. You mention on previous episodes that the callers are literally able to talk about anything, yet you were clearly pressuring her to give you what the listener want (drama, openness ect). You were clearly bored with her, and your yelling was obviously more about your annoyance with her lack of introspection rather than anything else. Jut be honest man. She was boring you, and she wasn't giving you what you wanted. You even pushe her to do and say things when she was clearly uncomfortable. Who wouldn't be uncomfortable when someone's vibe is screaming 'BE MORE INTERESTING, GIVE ME HIGHER RATINGS MAKE ME MORE FAMOUS.' You didn't let the convo flow, you tried to make it into something it wasn't. She didn't want to get deep. So what? Let her talk about lamps all damn day if that's what she wants. Just take this as a reminder to let go of expectation. And let it be.

I have to agree with Anonymousanie on this one. I really like this podcast and consider myself a loyal listener. But this is one of my least favorite (besides the Trump supporter) episodes. I think Chris was really pushing for some drama and thought turning up the pressure would create some. I am surprised the caller saw it to the end; I do not know if I would have.

Like, this one, like, was, like, very very like, hard like for me to like listen to.

For the first time I couldn't handle it all in one sitting. Suffice to say I will be eliminating the word like from my vocabulary just to keep it on the safe side.

She was BORING and yes, she used the word "like" way too much. I just got annoyed, and was wanting Chris to be meaner to her actually. That's the only reason why I listened to the end. I regretted that though. I've listened to all the episodes, and if this was the first episode, I would never have listened to the podcast ever again.

This was just a bunch of NOTHING. Why the hell did they let this one through? I refuse to believe she was the most interesting of the bunch that day.

I don't want only sob stories, but i do want funny and/or INTERESTING at least. This episode annoyed me enough to create an account to comment. Next time I'll just unsubscribe instead.

from someone who got married at 24 (although still to the same person)...18 years later I can see where Chris is coming from. You are young you are free you are without any financial or emotional restraints..go live..I dont regret one moment in my life..but knowing what I know now I certainly would not be so intent on settling down with the wife kids and picket fence - and this is what he was trying to get across to her

Sign in to follow this