🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 1.3 — Meet the Podcasts: Day 3

Weve finally reached the end of the getting-to-know-you week on The Earwolf Challenge and were ready to reveal our three final contestants. We start off with The Little Dum Dum Club which is based out of Australia and is our only international show. We follow that up with Beginnings, a show about the origins of creative people hosted by the comedy duo Wrestling Team. Finally we have Left Handed Radio, another sketch show with five different performers from five different NYC sketch and improv groups. Join us next week for our very first elimination round!

I'm a huge fan of the theme music. Is it original? Is there a Weird Al remix?

@astralweeks - The selection of the contestants was mostly Frank and Peter. They listened to a lot of podcasts before sending me the finalists. They have done an amazing job overall, in every regard.

My only concern about some of the contestants selected is the use of Skype. It seems like a step backwards in terms of audio quality that Jeff has said he was concerned with and was looking to improve going forward.

I was listening to this in my cubical...I got sad about the office drones. Then I looked around and noticed you were right. And I think I was the only one listening to any sort of podcast...so...I'm winning?

@Zombiebabies - Yeah, the sound quality is not desirable. But what happens is you get into the "is it so bad it's not worth doing?" stage and I decided that it was definitely worth doing. To solve the sound problem I could have had only LA-based shows come into the studio, but that would be boring and a scheduling nightmare. And boring. The other was to spend money we don't have on a show that isn't making any money to put in an ISDN line to our studio, the one we're moving out of in 3 weeks, and also require the contestants find their own expensive "radio line". So neither were doable or attractive, and I didn't want to not do the show...so here we are! Hope that explains it a bit. And thanks for listening!

Very important to inform everyone that "Shaving Cream" was NOT a Ray Stevens song. "Shaving Cream" was by a guy named Benny Bell. I think Matt was thinking of "Guitarzan".

@Andrew - This Greenpoint-based Office Drone has taken great offense to your comments . . . it's just lucky for you that I'm too stuck in my daily routine to do anything about it.

@Brendan – let me just clarify further, I only meant to offend those people whose dreams have already died and are now rotting in the walls of their souls, where they were dry-walled in long ago.

I would really like to give criticism about some of the shows I just haven't heard enough yet. The F plus podcast is my frontrunner at the moment, though.

@Jeff I hoped I asked the question nicely before someone else did less politely. Being more inclusive for contestants helped insure the winner will not sound like any of the existing Earwolf shows.

Sign in to follow this