🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
devincf

Some Guidelines on Suggestions

Amy and I look at this forum a lot, and we definitely keep your suggestions in mind. Here are some guidelines to make your suggestions more helpful for us:

- We prefer to do episodes about movies that are available online legally. This is because we want our listeners to have a chance to easily see the movies without spending an arm and a leg. Including a link to where the movie is legally available - Netflix, Hulu, Amazon streaming - is very helpful.

- We probably won't do movies from the last five years, unless they're astonishing masterworks.

- Yes, we know we need to do more foreign films. We are trying to balance building the listenership (it continues to grow) with covering more less mainstream fare.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

i would love, love, LOVE to see a discussion surrounding PARIS IS BURNING (1990). Now that phrases like "yaaas queen" or "werq" are part of the modern lexicon, it would be lovely to acknowledge that it comes from something other than BROAD CITY. It's available on Netflix and quite possibly the most important documentary on queer culture.

• Like 1

Perhaps someone with more time than I have could set up a thread with a list of suggested movies and their (updated) streaming status?

Suggestion then that meets all the criteria. "The Reflecting Skin." Completely free and available on YouTube, made in 1990, co-stars a young Viggo Mortensen, and has a premise that would make Uwe Boll call bullshit.

Bottle Rocket. Available for rent on Amazon. Wes Anderson's brilliant debut, and his purest, least affected expression to date.