🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 8 — Staycation

As summer waxes and the Great Depression wanes, it seems like the perfect time to get out of town and relax! Unfortunately, the Apple Sisters are too committed to bringing you a great show every week so they don't have time for a week off! Thus we present to you the Staycation episode, a chance to escape reality all while plugged into your radio. Grab a towel from Buddy's Beach Blow-Out and follow the girls as they take a mental trip to Hawaii! Postcards can be sent to the ladies on Facebook and here on the Earwolf forums and be sure to see them live at Largo on July 25 (tickets available at Laughstub).

Wow, this episode made me feel like I was in Hawaii... being sacrificed in some sort of ritual!

Dang it, I had to register just to state the following:
The show was recommended by the A.V.-Club website, so I thought I check it out, but going into this rather sceptical, not expecting much from this gimmicky concept.
By now, I listened to all episodes and I think that your fine show might be one of
THE FUNNIEST THINGS SINCE THE GOON-SHOW!
Then again, you cannot know of the GOON-SHOW, since that will not be on the air until 1951, another 8 years from your time-line. Too bad.

Mahalo, Hula, Aloha....Hawaii...dance with the natives buy a volcano. I loved the Hawaii song...great episode as always, Sisters of Apple. Your Hawaiian Language skills are spotless :) If you girls someday get to Maui, I'll be here to Lei ya'll. Mahalo, Hula, Aloha! Down Lord!

Dearest The Apple Sisters, your song about Hawaii inspired me to edit a filmstrip to the song. I hope ya'll enjoy it:

Sign in to follow this